Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrR said:
I guess I'll have to go somewhere else to find out what would have to be done to get OpenMoko working... :rolleyes:
I happen to know exactly what would have to be done to get OpenMoko running on this new thing, but it isn't going to happen because it's boring. Making your own thing is more exciting and is capable of running all the OpenMoko applications anyway, so what's your problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
A_SN said:
DaveC said:
craigix said:
Oh dear, a lot of rumors and hearsay are now being treated as fact... this is just getting silly. I said we will be back in a month.

Wow, just like Fox "news" in the US :p

As long as they just report and that we're free to decide.. ;)

Off topic but they really don't "report" that is the problem. They are very selective about what they "report" and it is usually only things favorable to the (neo)conservative agenda and the Bush admin that make it in tact. Many times things that are said are outright lies and lot of rumors and hearsay are being treated as fact. If they renamed themselves to the "fox opinion channel" then there would be no problem.

predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:
predatorramboxxx said:
wow you really are dumb and should be banned from life....halflife 1..counterstrike mod...maybe css 1.6 might work
Sorry, I think he's right. There doesn't seem to be any source code for these games so they won't run. Maybe you are the one who is really dumb?

yeah there is just google it...how do you think you make mods for hl1 one without using the free editor... well all the mods are opensource with source code for sure...

My idiot detector just exploded.

This just in: DaveC is a liberal-commie-hippie who hates Jesus and unborn babies. Film at 11.

Fox is my source for news I can use.

(Just in case you decide to take this seriously, I'm kidding. Fox News is the real joke.)

Alvin said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:
predatorramboxxx said:
wow you really are dumb and should be banned from life....halflife 1..counterstrike mod...maybe css 1.6 might work
Sorry, I think he's right. There doesn't seem to be any source code for these games so they won't run. Maybe you are the one who is really dumb?

yeah there is just google it...how do you think you make mods for hl1 one without using the free editor... well all the mods are opensource with source code for sure...

You have to flash the firmware on those. If you want it to differentiate between massive asininity and unfathomable mental retardation.

predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:
predatorramboxxx said:

Orkie already explained why you are an idiot :rolleyes: So i won't repeat it.

Alvin said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:
predatorramboxxx said:

Mine goes off whenever i'm around so I had to turn it off :(

Orkie said:
Fine, look at all of these:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...ode&spell=1
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta=

You will see there is no source code available for them. How do I think you make mods for these games? Well presumably they have an internal scripting engine that has either been deliberately exposed or reverse engineered.

It's great that the mods are open source, but a mod is just that: a mod. It isn't a game in its own right and as such, cannot be ported. The only way the games could run if the entirety of the games' data files were reverse engineered and a new engine were written from scratch to make use of them.

well theres source code out there

predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:

You will see there is no source code available for them. How do I think you make mods for these games? Well presumably they have an internal scripting engine that has either been deliberately exposed or reverse engineered.

It's great that the mods are open source, but a mod is just that: a mod. It isn't a game in its own right and as such, cannot be ported. The only way the games could run if the entirety of the games' data files were reverse engineered and a new engine were written from scratch to make use of them.

How I manage so often to resist the urge to flame you I will never know.

lubidog said:
I seem to recall you opening a thread two or so years ago where you vouched never to flame anyone again :)

Yeah, but we had a better class of posters in those days.....................

*hides*

lubidog said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Orkie said:

For the last time its out there but i did not know it wasnt legal i thought it was but i found out and then i said scratch that off the list...give a man a break

Before half life 2 was released someone hacked valves servers and downloaded partial source code for the "source engine". The name of the half life 2 engine is source. No source code for half life 1 has ever been leaked, released or in some other way given to the public.

Does that clear it up?

Wow, this thread has been derailed somewhat!

To take things back on topic perhaps:

I wonder whether the new device will be capable of some kind of "standby" mode, so you could run qtopia on it and have it sleep until you have an appointment or alarm or whatever.

BadWolf said:
Before half life 2 was released someone hacked valves servers and downloaded partial source code for the "source engine". The name of the half life 2 engine is source. No source code for half life 1 has ever been leaked, released or in some other way given to the public.

Does that clear it up?

yeah i read about that...luckily those bozos where caught and arrested.

Goobers said:
Wow, this thread has been derailed somewhat!

To take things back on topic perhaps:

I wonder whether the new device will be capable of some kind of "standby" mode, so you could run qtopia on it and have it sleep until you have an appointment or alarm or whatever.
A good sleep mode like the PSP has (the DS one is almost useless, barely lasts a couple of ours (I have the DS fat...?)) would be a key app for me! The whole play a bit here and there of handheld gaming is great, and a must for RPGs! That's why I prefer the PSP snes emu in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back