Out Of Curiosity...

im 27 and jumped in back in september 08. i havnt been this hyped over a game system/computer since snes.

I'm at the ripe game makers age of 24, :lol: been kicking around here since the VERY beginning under another name(never got banned been a good bloke).

24 here also. been following for about 6 Months after finding out about GP2X and ordered last August..

I was 20 when I pre-ordered. In fact it was my birthday money that paid for the Pandora. (preordered on the 30th Sept 08, and lurked on the forum for 6 months) I am now 21. My first computer (it was the family PC) was an Amstrad 286 machine with a 40MB hard drive!! Many hours spent playing Lemmings and Monkey Island on that. I also got given an Amiga A500+ by my cousin for Christmas one year. It was taking up too much space at his house so he chucked it my way. It had the (I think - it's been a while since I used it) 1MB ram upgrade and 2 disk drives. Again, an incredible amount sunk into playing the massive amount of Amiga games he gave me. (All of which are still at home somewhere).

Ok, finally found out how to make a poll, (Ya, I feel stupid)
but this thread looks like its doing quite well without one, should I let it be or add a poll before I fall asleep?

ThaDSman said:
Ok, finally found out how to make a poll, (Ya, I feel stupid)
but this thread looks like its doing quite well without one, should I let it be or add a poll?
Please, sir, whatever you do, do not make a poll. I know it can be difficult not to succumb to the temptations, but believe me you are stronger than this, you can beat it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add one, helps passing time :)

edit:

So it's 50/50
Maybe make a poll asking if you should add a poll first :D

mali said:
Add one, helps passing time :)

edit:

So it's 50/50
Maybe make a poll asking if you should add a poll first :D

lol, good idea, but then again that guy has a cool dancing green guy, and I'm very tired its 3:40 am. So I'm gonna listen to him and go to sleep. :p

You're all just kids. I am hoping I get my Pandora before I turn 45.

gnasher666 said:
38 and I remember typing code in from a magazine on my ZX81 and the memory pack (16K!) would wobble and crash the computer, damn 3 hours of typing down the drain (which is alomst as long as the games took to load from tape)

Did you stick a strip of foam padding along the edge of your ZX81, where the RAM pack plugged in? Seemed to work a treat for stability!

AquaAnalogue said:
I am 19 years of age. *sips vodka*

A real man slams vodka.. Dammit

mali said:
A real real man stops drinking alcohol ;)

Just trying to corrupt the youth. :p

Currently at work.. Could use a beer or three..

Monk said:
You're all just kids. I am hoping I get my Pandora before I turn 45.

gnasher666 said:
38 and I remember typing code in from a magazine on my ZX81 and the memory pack (16K!) would wobble and crash the computer, damn 3 hours of typing down the drain (which is alomst as long as the games took to load from tape)

Did you stick a strip of foam padding along the edge of your ZX81, where the RAM pack plugged in? Seemed to work a treat for stability!

A full slab of Blu-Tak placed under the Ram Pack and rear of the ZX81 sorted that. I think that was almost official Sinclair tech support.

Good old 'Your Computer' magazine. Bucking the trend with actual Machine Code games listings instead of BASIC.
You didn't want to lose where you were in those listings though. Chaos.

Guess that places me in the oldie camp ;)

Back