spud42 said:
any way im 48 going on 14...lol
I'm sure MJ said the same during his trial

I Kid, I Kid (he said that too) :lol:

33 here

Last edited by a moderator:
(naw)mcx said:
Corecannon said:
I'm 11. I'm buying a Pandora so that i can emulate xbox 360 games on a portable. My life long dream. Ive always wanted to play Halo 3 on my DS thats come true now except pandora has more buttons and a bigger screen!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you, Corecannon, oh you!
What? :/ people on this forum confuse me sometimes.

borgqueenx said:
Gruso said:
Mithrildor said:
It kinda scares me that some folks out here could have been my dad (in an age-wise perspective)
Could be scarier. I could be your mum.
a robot with a pipe?

Really? The pipe is a problem - you'd be OK with that statement if Gruso wasn't smoking? :blink:

Corecannon said:
(naw)mcx said:
Corecannon said:
I'm 11. I'm buying a Pandora so that i can emulate xbox 360 games on a portable. My life long dream. Ive always wanted to play Halo 3 on my DS thats come true now except pandora has more buttons and a bigger screen!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you, Corecannon, oh you!
What? :/ people on this forum confuse me sometimes.

Well, this may actually be possible, eventually. There's a company called Spawn Labs that's created a sort of SlingBox for the game console. If they ever release an ARM Linux client, it could happen. Not that I think it's very likely, so don't count on it kid.

Chronological age: 27!

And Pandora for me is like the spiritual kid resulting from the marriage of my old Spectrum 48KB & my old Psion 5mx. yay!!

I've never felt so excited with a device since I was a little kid and wanted to be an Spy!!

ah, so many 38 yo's. great.

i must admit, i got this retro feeling again (how i longed for a portable c64 and A500 back then), but the pandora was supposed to be the first useful handheld since the hp95lx.

now i got my umid bz 3 days ago and it pretty much fills the spot. still hope the pandora will beat it though.

hch said:
i got my umid bz 3 days ago and it pretty much fills the spot. still hope the pandora will beat it though.
how is that? I was looking at it... seriously considering it, how's the GPU on it? standard intel crapolla?

28, and I want my Portable Amiga 500+ to play Cannon Fodder and Simon the Sorcerer...

jb0yx said:
hch said:
i got my umid bz 3 days ago and it pretty much fills the spot. still hope the pandora will beat it though.
how is that? I was looking at it... seriously considering it, how's the GPU on it? standard intel crapolla?

the GPU is wonderful. gma500 is the same powerVRsgx core than the pandora has, just with double the number of render pipes. i also found the drivers to be quite good. only problem i am having is the bad linux support for some other components (most notably optical mouse and camera). but if you are happy with xp, it's a great machine.

As of February 12, 2010, I'm 5744 days old, or 15.73 years about.
I'll probably be around 16 by the time I can afford one, though.

hch said:
jb0yx said:
hch said:

the GPU is wonderful. gma500 is the same powerVRsgx core than the pandora has, just with double the number of render pipes. i also found the drivers to be quite good. only problem i am having is the bad linux support for some other components (most notably optical mouse and camera). but if you are happy with xp, it's a great machine.

lol the gma500 is an issue.. I tried to install xubuntu or linux mint but found out driversupport is dead (thnx to Intel) :)

I'll be 41 next week. Where does the time go? I remeber playing pong with my releatives in the mid-70s.

I'm looking forward re-living my youth: 70s and 80s arcades, C64 games like elite, roadwar 2000 and Ultima 5, amigas games like Mechforce and Wings, and up-to-date opensource stuff like GemRB, rogue-likes, FPSs, etc.

I've owned just about everything or played just about every game. I hope this device opens up more than just emulation though. I would like to see BlitzMax and/or Cobra3d ported to the ARM cpu. Both are great development languages.

Jason

I'm 20 years old and, well, it'll pretty much just be my non IBM compatible IBM compatible PC, in my pocket. Yeah, I didn't grow up with any of those old TV computers or anything like that. closest was an Apple 2 I had when I was maybe 4 that didn't have a manual so I didn't know about it's ROM BASIC. I did spend a lot of time on it, though, but when you're 4, what else are you going to do? Play outside? Socialize? Hahahah! :p

kin said:
lol the gma500 is an issue.. I tried to install xubuntu or linux mint but found out driversupport is dead (thnx to Intel) :)
Actually there are really good new drivers in the pipeline. They were demonstrated at mobildevcamp09 on Moblin.
http://www.netbooknews.de/10599/video-full-hd-video-playback-dvb-t-auf-poulsbo-gma500-unter-moblin/
http://www.netbooknews.de/10590/video-quake-iii-in-full-hd-mit-gma500-grafik-intel-atom-z-series-unter-moblin-linux/

Back