Out Of Curiosity...

I'm 22. I found out about the Pandora last year. It sounded like it was in early development (at least that's what I gathered from the article I read), so I decided to check up on it later. I started following the project around December.

My Pandora will be a replacement for my laptop. It's an Inspiron 3800 with a busted keyboard. I want to do some gaming on it, but I also want to develop for it.

Wow, I'm 48 and this will be my portable Atari 400 with tape drive. I was always a atari person, right thru the 520 st with a 1 meg upgrade which cost about $100 extra.

Star Raiders ftw!!!

;)

I'm 38 and this is going to be my MAME for late 80's arcade games and also my C64.

mali said:
hobbyman II said:
oh! hang on, this means I'm ancient compared to you lot.....cr*p!!! :(

woutomatic_oud.gif

lol.....
need a pandora holder for my Zimmerframe..... all us old farts..
i want one to replace my Hx4700 ipaq . . . great machine but no dpad so it is limited to games that can use the stylus... that and my son wont give me back my PSP till i fix his DSlite he broke....

Last edited by a moderator:
All this nostalgia made me think of something, I was watching "Have I got news for you" on Dave the other day, when it was first on ( in about 1989 ) my hair was long and floppy like Paul Merton's now it's more like Ian Hislop's ( i.e bald !! ) I'm 42.

I'm 41.. but my birthday is 1 of March , so i doubt that my pandora will arrive just in time for the birthday... :p (i'm near 4000 in list )

Asmo said:
Good old 'Your Computer' magazine. Bucking the trend with actual Machine Code games listings instead of BASIC.
You didn't want to lose where you were in those listings though. Chaos.

Guess that places me in the oldie camp ;)

Heh. I had a programming book for my Atari 800 where you created an assembler by typing out pages of hex codes which were then saved into a file for running. I also remember typing in text adventures from the backs of computer magazines, but all the strings had been encoded/obfuscated which made typing pages of them very, very annoying (and if you mistyped anything the program would of course crash).

39 here. Been following OP since the start, plan to write software for it, but won't be ordering until the second batch due to lack of free funds (aka. my kids eat my money).

Cheers,
Michael

43. I have been watching this from day one and finally took the plunge and ordered in December. I hve lurked this forum since it started, now I have finally posted...

the pandora has given me the most excitement since i introduced my gamecube to a viper gc extreme

oh and im 23

Exophase said:

Are you really 26? I always thought you were older! I love reading all the technical disagreements you "sometimes" have on here. Its very educational! ;)

I started following the project at 19, ordered at 20, and am now 22 and hoping to have a Pandora in my hands before my next birthday!

(This year one of my presents was having them give the cases the green light the day I turned 22.)

mduffor said:
Asmo said:
Good old 'Your Computer' magazine. Bucking the trend with actual Machine Code games listings instead of BASIC.
You didn't want to lose where you were in those listings though. Chaos.

Guess that places me in the oldie camp ;)

Heh. I had a programming book for my Atari 800 where you created an assembler by typing out pages of hex codes which were then saved into a file for running. I also remember typing in text adventures from the backs of computer magazines, but all the strings had been encoded/obfuscated which made typing pages of them very, very annoying (and if you mistyped anything the program would of course crash).

39 here. Been following OP since the start, plan to write software for it, but won't be ordering until the second batch due to lack of free funds (aka. my kids eat my money).

Cheers,
Michael

That reminds me, I have a guide to Your Atari Computer. I'm glad I found it ('twas free) since now I might be able to use it to learn some sort of programming, and potentially make Atari 800 homebrew...

Back