Out Of Curiosity...

I'm currently 31, was 30 when I ordered and will be about 6 when I received my Pandora ;)

I'm one of the younger ones, at the age of 15...

I feel left out. The oldest console I used when I was a kid was a SNES. Didn't even know what an Atari was back then.

Lunatic said:
I'm at NCSU for Computer Science. It will be nice to have another Pandora in the vicinity.

It will be at least Fall of 2011 before I return to Raleigh. Want to make sure that I complete all my matriculation requires while her at College of the Albemarle.

I cannot remember when I started tracking the Pandora or even how I originally found out about it. Was a GP32er during its late days, but kind of lost interest in this community when I decide the GP2X was, at the time, too expensive for not enough benefit. I ordered a Pandora around May or June of last year when I was still 22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffery Mewtamer said:
Lunatic said:
I'm at NCSU for Computer Science. It will be nice to have another Pandora in the vicinity.

It will be at least Fall of 2011 before I return to Raleigh. Want to make sure that I complete all my matriculation requires while her at College of the Albemarle.

I cannot remember when I started tracking the Pandora or even how I originally found out about it. Was a GP32er during its late days, but kind of lost interest in this community when I decide the GP2X was, at the time, too expensive for not enough benefit. I ordered a Pandora around May or June of last year when I was still 22.

That would make a really good topic IMO, "Where/How did you hear about the Pandora"
I'm not gonna make it but it would be nice.

34, taking classes at TMCC and eventually UNR, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up...

Edit: I heard about the Pandora because of my interests. I run Linux, and always wanted an open source console with good 3d support. Well, this isn't a T.V. console, but it's a really cool hand-held. (Heck, if the team is willing to go through the heartache again to create a Pandora 2, several years down the road, with 1020P for 3d and video decoding in the hand-held, we'd be there! Simply remove screen and controls. If they did this, I'd want an HDMI connector in a similar form as the beableboard.) I picked up a fx-100 and fx-200 - hope I'm getting the names right - as well because of these interests. Really didn't like the analog stick thing on the black one.

I guess I'm pretty young compared to most of you, I'm 15 (almost 16) but I still can't wait to get some Amiga, Atari ST, and dosbox running :)

iprice said:
I'm 39 years young. Life has yet to begin ;) :p

39 years of age here too ;)

Looking forward to some portable 3D Deathchase and MAME classics with a quality control set (this is the Pandora's biggest strength for me!)

I'm 38 now, but my life really began some 25+ years ago on an Apple ][

edit:
I just realized that Leisure Suit Larry taught me English (not a native speaker).
That must be why I'm so foul-mouthed most of the time...

Back