Outer Space Ordering Info

My first memory was falling on a banana skin when I lived in Germany. I was three at the time.

Now think about it; that does not make sense!

But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this thread? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this thread! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a supposed troll talking about free speech, and I'm talkin' about falling over!

Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in off topic , deciding who to flame, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, it does not make sense! If I fell over on a banana skin, you must agree! The supposed troll rests.

quote said:
What's the account / reason for change? :)

I have multiple identities. One of which is a compulsive liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
please we need to meet craigx for further intergalatic discushions with the intergalatic board.

jutley said:
please we need to meet craigx for further intergalatic discushions with the intergalatic board.

You can pick him up from his roof most nights.

mali said:
I'm sorry, you know I kind of see you as a friend, but your... dunno, let's say rant was reported and to be honest you were asked several times to return to topic in that WIZ thread where you in fact just spoiled the fun for all the others. As long as the WIZ section has no own MOD I help there and I take it seriously. Remember, the situation got out of hand a while ago and a split of the community was near.
What I do is not mindless. I know the community and I know the problems. I did not request to be a MOD to enjoy the view, but to steer the ship on track. I'm going to pull it through till I'm done.

I guess since this thread is so retarded it's an inherent free for all. Or maybe you'll delete this too. But let's talk a little bit about it.

If you ask me (and you didn't, but I'm going to say anyway), deleting posts is caustic behavior and should not be done lightly. It's much harder to undo than most other mod activity for if you make a mistake (like wrongly sending a thread to the LOL files), and it removes the moderator from accountability by occurring anonymously.

Your account of the situation is also a little off. I was told (not asked) exactly once to keep the thread on topic (by someone who isn't a moderator), because I responded to a completely one off comment someone made. The tone of the response was snippy and sarcastic, complete with a link for "any other questions" leading to the new post page. Going off topic is a matter of course on gp32x, even Nova does it (see http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896416 and http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896258 for instance). Most of the complaints about staying on topic come from people who are trying to enforce conversation, not enforce rules; they often come from the topic creator... Maybe I "spoiled the fun" for the others, but what about Nova spoiling my fun over some completely harmless post I made?

Making a post for no other purpose than to lambaste someone's one-off off topic post is both counterproductive and hypocritical. It's no less off-topic, but it's also openly inviting discussion to be directed at that instead, especially since people don't really like to be needlessly confronted. When an entirely different topic diverges from a thread a mod can split it (as you do a good job at). If a few one-off off-topic posts are made in isolation they should just be ignored. If someone is repeatedly posting the same off topic stuff then they can be told to cut it out, by a moderator, preferably in a PM. Deleting posts doesn't usually accomplish anything except making the people who complained feel better and the people whose posts got deleted feel worse. It's just a power struggle game. In this case not a lot was deleted but sometimes really long posts are removed without warning and that can be pretty inconsiderate, especially when the poster wasn't doing anything wrong but just happened to upset someone - if a bad situation erupts from posts then take care of it then. You shouldn't assume how things will go preemptively. But sometimes bad situations are better off happening than burying and trying to evade. If the community really did almost split over stuff like this then there are much bigger latent problems that won't go away simply by deleting things.

I do believe you when you say you don't enjoy being a mod, you have been saying things to that effect a lot lately, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing...

Exophase said:
Going off topic is a matter of course on gp32x, even Nova does it (see http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896416 and http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896258 for instance). Most of the complaints about staying on topic come from people who are trying to enforce conversation, not enforce rules; they often come from the topic creator... Maybe I "spoiled the fun" for the others, but what about Nova spoiling my fun over some completely harmless post I made?

Firstly, that first thread was already wildly off any kind of topic when it was written. I don't think I'd be incorrect in stating this. My second post you have linked was a single post joke that did not do anything to alter the discussion.

What you were doing in my thread was leading the discussion as far off topic as it was possible to go. I'm sorry, but my posts above do nothing to assist in whatever point you were trying to make. In addition, I don't even know why I've been dragged into this argument at all.

I wasn't trying to spoil anyone's "fun" if you will call it that, merely pointing out that the "Post new thread" button serves the purpose of being a utility to ask a question, and in addition means the question can be easily searched for by another member without having to search through random threads to find it.

Nova said:
Exophase said:
Going off topic is a matter of course on gp32x, even Nova does it (see http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896416 and http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__896258 for instance). Most of the complaints about staying on topic come from people who are trying to enforce conversation, not enforce rules; they often come from the topic creator... Maybe I "spoiled the fun" for the others, but what about Nova spoiling my fun over some completely harmless post I made?

Firstly, that first thread was already wildly off any kind of topic when it was written. I don't think I'd be incorrect in stating this. My second post you have linked was a single post joke that did not do anything to alter the discussion.

What you were doing in my thread was leading the discussion as far off topic as it was possible to go. I'm sorry, but my posts above do nothing to assist in whatever point you were trying to make. In addition, I don't even know why I've been dragged into this argument at all.

I wasn't trying to spoil anyone's "fun" if you will call it that, merely pointing out that the "Post new thread" button serves the purpose of being a utility to ask a question, and in addition means the question can be easily searched for by another member without having to search through random threads to find it.

Go read the thread again.

Someone said I was more mellow now (lolz, yeah seriously okay I dunno either). I made a joke response saying I'm still uptight. You responded directly to THAT. A single post joke that did not do anything to alter the discussion. You still don't think it assists in "whatever point I was trying to make"? When people insist that others "stay on topic" for no other reason than out of policy then that should apply to everything, everywhere. Otherwise these posts shouldn't be made.

Don't know what you're talking about otherwise. Don't blame me for posts other people were making. I wasn't leading anything off topic there until you directed that post at me, so I would argue you were as responsible in leading things off topic (and in the consideration of fairness at the very least your post should have been deleted too, but probably wasn't because you were probably the one who made the report).

Exophase said:
Nova said:
Exophase said:

Go read the thread again.

Someone said I was more mellow now (lolz, yeah seriously okay I dunno either). I made a joke response saying I'm still uptight. You responded directly to THAT. A single post joke that did not do anything to alter the discussion. You still don't think it assists in "whatever point I was trying to make"? When people insist that others "stay on topic" for no other reason than out of policy then that should apply to everything, everywhere. Otherwise these posts shouldn't be made.

Don't know what you're talking about otherwise. Don't blame me for posts other people were making. I wasn't leading anything off topic there until you directed that post at me, so I would argue you were as responsible in leading things off topic (and in the consideration of fairness at the very least your post should have been deleted too, but probably wasn't because you were probably the one who made the report).

Last post on the subject, because I am not wasting my time on this (no offense).

Your previous post was regarding PS2 ram vs Wiz ram. That makes 2 off topic posts in total. Now I'm not saying my post was aimed at just you - it wasn't, there were a bunch of people dragging the thread off-topic. In fact it's pretty much off-topic from halfway through. My "may not be on anything but he's not keeping on topic" or whatever comment is odd, and when I posted it, it was quite late, so I blame the hour for my coherence and patience taking a hit there.

By the way, I honest to god did not report the thread. Totally not my style. I've reported threads a few times and only because of flamebaiting or insults. Reporting because of off-topic is just sad.

et_4_460_pxlw.jpg

Nova said:
Your previous post was regarding PS2 ram vs Wiz ram. That makes 2 off topic posts in total. Now I'm not saying my post was aimed at just you - it wasn't, there were a bunch of people dragging the thread off-topic. In fact it's pretty much off-topic from halfway through. My "may not be on anything but he's not keeping on topic" or whatever comment is odd, and when I posted it, it was quite late, so I blame the hour for my coherence and patience taking a hit there.

You say your post wasn't aimed at just me, but the content was singling me out. I was mainly just correcting what the guy said about PS2's RAM, and at least mildly defending Caanoo's choice for more RAM. Maybe it wasn't "on topic", but a thread for nothing beyond posting to say you preordered something isn't exactly riveting nor informative, hence why I replied saying I don't know what the point was in the first place.

SomeGuy99 said:

I haven't seen that movie in so long, must be at least 6 or 7 years now. I can't find it on DVD anywhere over here.

EDIT: Exo - didn't see your reply, everything was deleted before I got to see it

Nova said:
EDIT: Exo - didn't see your reply, everything was deleted before I got to see it

Ah, then you also probably missed the post where sbock said he was putting me (and foody) on ignore for being trolls. Maybe that'll illustrate more how much I think people are blowing things out of proportion.

SomeGuy99 said:
banana-peel-slip.jpg

You guys have really mellowed out recently.

It's all the vicodin I've been taking. It numbs the anger.

Sorry Nova, I can't let Exophase take all the blame for what happened since it was me that jokingly asked him an off topic question in your thread. Foody had already trolled the thread to death so I honestly didn't see the harm in it. But, in my defense only 2/3 of my post was actually off topic(I also included a small comment defending the Cannoo to Foody). Anyway, I apologize for stiring up a hornets nest on that one, won't happen again! :D

BTW, still waiting to preorder. U.S. retailers suck so I'll probably wind up using Play-Asia while I have the money and worry about the WiFi stick later. I like that small one you found though.

@Exo
Deleting doesn't happen on this forum at all. The posts are still there. You canhave them back if you think it's worth continuing your argument.
Actually I think it's quite good to discuss this as it's an other exyample why the WIZ section needs a MOD
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=55493&st=0

mali said:
@Exo
Deleting doesn't happen on this forum at all. The posts are still there. You canhave them back if you think it's worth continuing your argument.
Actually I think it's quite good to discuss this as it's an other exyample why the WIZ section needs a MOD
http://www.gp32x.de...opic=55493&st=0

Why do they need a mod? They have you.

Pardon me, but I never asked for them back so I could "continue my argument", I have no interest in that, I just don't like it when posts are removed. Also please forgive me for not knowing where the posts really went when you hit the button that says "delete", in other forums I've been on that actually removes them for good.

^ There is a real delete button, but it isn't used, at least I don't use it.

I'm not MOD for the WIZ section. I've got the rights for the whole board and will do it till ED finds some time to appoint someone else. From the few times I visited the WIZ section in the past and reading discussions in the Off Topic area I gather that The WIZ enthusiasts are not happy at all about the flaming and bullying from mostly Pandora interested people. They even discussed a split of the community a while ago. I think the WIZ section needs own MODs so this won't happen any more.

edit:
To make it clear, I don't say that _you_ bully people, but when the thread starter asks for not posting off topic he deservs the right to get a discussion without off topic. I say it again, there is _no_ active MOD in that section right now and what should they do instead of asking?

Greetings earthlings This topic has gone way off all i wanted to do was meet craigx and try to negociate future transactions from and to earth for delivery of the pandora system he and the comunity have created.We Guartrians are so very amazed at this technology here on nebular and we have never seen anything like it even though our technology is far advanced than your civalization we wish to discuss the scematics of this device with craigx and production techniqes we have much to learn about your gaming technology as we have none here please bring me craigx.

Back