Outrun On Pandora

Depends on which ones you can emulate. I think the PS1 is the best console they've emulated so far, with the N64 a distant hope, and the Dreamcast 'unlikely'

Unless you can emulate PSP games it's not likely you'll see anything other than one of the early arcade versions or 32bit system ports.

Alpha2 said:
Unless you can emulate PSP games it's not likely you'll see anything other than one of the early arcade versions or 32bit system ports.
We can...

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Probably Turbo Outrun.

Anyway, nothing beats the first one and it still looks good now - 23! years later.
Yep totally agree with that ... except 23 years ago I could fit into the damn seats but had no money ... 23 years later at the same arcade in picadilliy circus, london, I found I had the money to play the game, but my arse and stomach could not fit in the damn chair :p

craigix said:
Probably Turbo Outrun.
Outrunners, surely?!!

Agree first one is a total classic, does still look (and sound) good now, brings back good memories.

craigix said:
Probably Turbo Outrun.

Anyway, nothing beats the first one and it still looks good now - 23! years later.
I totally agree (with the exception of Xbox OutRun2). It's a fantastic game, even now. I said this over on BlitzBasic.com a couple of months back and got shot down, but I stand by my original opinion. One of the most fun racing games ever.

Outrun's not outrun without the little mechanical car tilting all over.

Yeah, the first one is still the best - but I did have a blast at a new one in the Arcade last summer (Outrun 2005? or something). Played with me and the wife and out little lad watching - I completed it first go!!! WHAT? I found the original in another arcade, 20p a go - I had several goes couldn't get past about the fourth track.

Just goes to show, like everything in life nowadays, games along with everything are being dumbed down for the masses.

Saying that though, I have The Umbrella Chronicles on my WII and can't get anywhere on that....

Miner49er said:
Yeah, the first one is still the best - but I did have a blast at a new one in the Arcade last summer (Outrun 2005? or something). Played with me and the wife and out little lad watching - I completed it first go!!! WHAT? I found the original in another arcade, 20p a go - I had several goes couldn't get past about the fourth track.

Just goes to show, like everything in life nowadays, games along with everything are being dumbed down for the masses.

Saying that though, I have The Umbrella Chronicles on my WII and can't get anywhere on that....
Also remember arcade cabs have settings to tweak how fast they empty your wallet (lives per credit, other changes in difficulty to make you lose...)

Miner49er said:
I've always respected Capcom because of this.

x68000 said:
I'd say that Outrunners will be newest one you should be able to play via mame (1993 i think)
'92. Pretty graphics considering its age:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmy4UOZvI0w
Magical Sound Shower sounding good (as always!) in that vid too. :)

arrrgh said:
Alpha2 said:
We can...

If that's the case you can see Coast 2 Coast AKA Outrun 2006... that is assuming someone actually tries to make a psp emulator and you can find a working torrent.

Alpha2 said:
arrrgh said:
Alpha2 said:
We can...

If that's the case you can see Coast 2 Coast AKA Outrun 2006... that is assuming someone actually tries to make a psp emulator and you can find a working torrent.

Oops - I didn't mean that at all, I thought you wrote PSX.

Back