Ouya - Android based open gaming console

@theweirdn8

Quasist asked me to post that in his name:

ABb5B.png

http://us5.campaign-...9&id=ab1638136b

Apparently this is some "leaked data" from the-nd.com forums? I don't know how this is Ouya related, but Quasist asked me to post this in this thread, so I assume it's relevant. If not, just please ignore this post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for a Mod to split the posts from 507 onwards into a new thread me thinks

LOL that is not leaked at all. It was a poor sketch given to our engineers and 3d modelers for how we believed the controller will look. It won't look that ugly though.

What's the difference to a Mini-ATX PC with a Linux distribution running on it?

Don't worry, I don't want to bash you, but if it's just a PC with a Linux distribution, it would be hard to sell it if it was above a certain price tag.

The Pandora also wouldn't sell with that high price tag if it wasn't something you couldn't easily get somewhere else... but a PC with Linux and an USB-Joypad...?

Don't worry, I don't want to bash you, but if it's just a PC with a Linux distribution, it would be hard to sell it if it was above a certain price tag.

The Pandora also wouldn't sell with that high price tag if it wasn't something you couldn't easily get somewhere else... but a PC with Linux and an USB-Joypad...?
Minus the Linux reminds me of the apple Pippen - not a bad thing just a tough sell

It's not just a PC with a Linux Distro, it's a new beast in itself. We can talk more it in a couple of months once prototype is viable and our other team members done their part already.

It's not just a PC with a Linux Distro, it's a new beast in itself. We can talk more it in a couple of months once prototype is viable and our other team members done their part already.

Okay :) Will be interesting to see what you got :)

I'm always happy to help out to sell new OpenSource-Gaming stuff in Germany, in case that helps you :)

Wow, thanks for such grand support.

Today I noticed the OUYA had a backers only post today. Anyone care to let us know what it was?

It's pretty lame for a set-top box that shouldn't be all that constrained by spacing of USB ports to only have one. The SoC itself probably has more than one natively, never mind what you'd get with an internal hub.

Or they probably wanna keep the space and people plug add ons, like a usb hub.

Happy birthday Exophase,keep the beer going!

Looks like the Ouya Kickstarter has hit $7.5 Million. A big lift in the pledge rate is happening with people getting in before it ends. Only 24 hours left before it closes.

Yeah, still not interested, yet. I'm willing to take the risk that it will become interesting to me and bump itself up to $300 over the next several months.

On the one hand, I was thinking that if they were lacking the support, coming up just under the mark, I'd probably throw $100 at them and attempt to drum up further support just to help push the ideal of a mostly unrestricted game console, very similar to my support of the Pandora.

On the other hand, it isn't really as open as the Pandora and doesn't grab my interest nearly as much and if it wasn't already well past its goal I might say there just wasn't the interest in it and it deserved a dignified death.

As it is, with this much money and publicity, this is either going to be a fantastic success or a monumental explosion: either way, it's going to be fun to watch. I do hope it lands on the side of success, of course, but there's a lot of pressure to deliver at a seemingly unfeasible price point.

I doubt the price will differ much when releasing next year, I believe it will be kept on the 100$ average if not cheaper by third Q.

I don't think the console is their main aim. They are building an eco system.

If they get enough users and developers they might even be happy to allow other hardware on their platform. A handheld equivalent of their system would only mean more possible software sales at 30% for them with no extra hardware support hassle.

Also it seems that they have gathered a couple of heavy hitters around them. Plenty of contacts within their network. They've sold something like 20x as much units in a month than OPT has in 4 years? Nothing wrong with their marketing.

If they can get their supply chain in order they might have their product out there before the last of the OPT pre orders are delivered.

I'm not interested in a TV gaming Console at all but if I were I'd have no problems popping in the $99,- and see what happens.

Have to add a difference in there when comparing.

OP is something new and unique till this day, what they ouya is selling is nothing new at all.

Back