overclocking

The Dude posted on Oct 11 2003 at 07:31 PM said:
Would it be safe to assume that the highest speed I can run DOOM v9 at is also the highest speed I can run any of the emulators at?

And do all of the emulators have the ROMS folder in GP:\SNES, or just the untested ones? It looks like the ROM folder is only shown as GP:\SNES under the untested versions...
I think all the OCed snes emus (the ones on gp32world) detect the roms in that directory. Yeah, it would be safe to assume that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I'll have to check that out.

On a related note, I am sure I remember seeing a program on the front page of the site that could overclock any program by setting the CPU speed, then running the program you select.

Am I totally insane and just made that up, or is that a real program?

The Dude posted on Oct 11 2003 at 11:00 PM said:
Cool, I'll have to check that out.

On a related note, I am sure I remember seeing a program on the front page of the site that could overclock any program by setting the CPU speed, then running the program you select.

Am I totally insane and just made that up, or is that a real program?
No, your not insane, that was a real program but since it has been a real long time since it was announced, I think it's dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it was announced but never released?

That would explain why I couldn't find it. I was scared I lost my mind and was making up GP32 news.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how such a program could work, since even if it set the CPU speed before running the program, the program itself is going to want to set the CPU speed to whatever the programer designed it for.

The overclocking program would have to stay in memory, and keep the CPU speed at the user selected level (blocking attempts by programs to lower it), sort of like a Trainer, but for hardware.

However, I imagine that this might cause the program to crash, because it wouldn't be able to initalize the CPU properly.

Back