Paid for "Upgrade" Pandora and this is what I get ????

LVNeptune

Still Fresh
I am very upset with this. I received my pandora today and already have 2 issues with it.

The volume dial on the bottom right is cracked on one side and looks like it was slightly melted

The "1" key on the top left DOES NOT WORK.

I haven't even bothered to test anything else out until I figure out what's up with this. Where is the Q/A? I asked for an "Upgrade" not a rush job.

I am very upset with this. I received my pandora today and already have 2 issues with it.

The volume dial on the bottom right is cracked on one side and looks like it was slightly melted

The "1" key on the top left DOES NOT WORK.

I haven't even bothered to test anything else out until I figure out what's up with this. Where is the Q/A? I asked for an "Upgrade" not a rush job.

Not to be unsympathetic, but this really serves no constructive purpose.

I'm sorry to hear there were problems with your Pandora, but you should be emailing your distributor about them.

Then you can get on the path towards fixing any issues, or whatever you decide on.

Since none of us can either fix or justify your issues, all that can occur here is attempting to raise hell.

I get that you're angry and feel cheated but lets try to go forward constructively.

Email your distributor and find out what can be done, whether it be a replacement, repairs, or a refund, if you deem that necessary.

If you were interested in fixing these issues (at least the button issue), perhaps starting a post along those lines might be benificial towards resolving your problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have emailed Jacquelyn. And this does serve a purpose. The Q/A team is obviously lacking. I am not paying to send this back when it was defective on arrival. It costs much more to ship out of the USA then it does to send to the USA.

We shall see how this gets resolved and I will post it here. Everyone has the right to know who they are dealing with.

We shall see how this gets resolved and I will post it here. Everyone has the right to know who they are dealing with.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to suggest you suppress the information. Merely that whatever it was that you wanted to accomplish could probably be accomplished more effectively with a clear head and clear words.

Hope you get your problems resolved. I guess in the rush of trying to get these things out as fast as possible to try and please everyone, some minor problems are falling through the cracks.

The Pandora is a wonderful machine and I'd hate two small problems to cause you to not be able to enjoy it :)

I understand...I just waited from around October or so of last year until now =/

How the hell does the volume button get melted?

I can only assume that it was already in a bad way before assembly, and they put it in anyway?!

Apparently that's common since other people have this issue?

Just got a response which was to send the whole unit back and they would reimburse me for shipping...sigh =/

It would be easier for them to send me the replacement board and I could swap it out myself but whatever.

:D have you been reading the forums at all? This is the one most open company I know. And as you see they are very willing to help. And yes they don't have a Q&A department since it's only 5 people building the thing! You are not dealing with a big company here.

Apparently that's common since other people have this issue?

Just got a response which was to send the whole unit back and they would reimburse me for shipping...sigh =/

It would be easier for them to send me the replacement board and I could swap it out myself but whatever.

They do eventualy repair these boards, and with only a melted volume wheel you could easily make 2 pandora's (just order the case)

Another one with volume button slightly melted. But I'm OK with it. The only thing I had problem with was a "squishy" A button, but fortunately I was able to fix it myself.

The first think one must accept is OP isn't a big company and due to that, Pandora consoles can have slight flaws. Of course a non-working key is not acceptable, but I will not complain about little things like the volume button issue.

EDIT: Thinking about it, even big companies have severe issues with their designs. Think about PSP-1000 D-Pad design fail. It was nearly impossible to play fighting games with this D-Pad unless you modded it (as I did with mine).

Well I am getting my 4th pandora (soon) but I can say this for the team they are always willing to help.

Gosh I'm glad my pandy is doing so well. *touches head*

You later receivers (I got mine in june 2010) have a much more polished product! But I won't complain :) the pandora has given me so much fun and usability.

That's the thing here really. When you get it, it's not the most polished product in the world but it is certainly one of the best and in a weird sort of way the imperfections make it even more of a cool product.

The Pandora also has such history now and I for one have felt like an expectant father throughout the process, (I'm a first batcher.)

Now that I have mine I wouldn't change it for anything and all the waiting was really, really worth it. B)

Use flat-rate priority international. It's like $15.

Small flat rate is not "like $15"

It was $28.03, which they (OP) refunded me for sending it back.

I mailed it out on 2/10/11

They received it on 2/16/11

They "shipped" it on 2/22/11

It is now 3/3/11 -- 9 days since they shipped it out...Glad I paid all this expedited $ to get a broken unit then send it back to wait a month, I probably would have received my original unit by now.

Small flat rate is not "like $15"

It was $28.03, which they (OP) refunded me for sending it back.

I mailed it out on 2/10/11

They received it on 2/16/11

They "shipped" it on 2/22/11

It is now 3/3/11 -- 9 days since they shipped it out...Glad I paid all this expedited $ to get a broken unit then send it back to wait a month, I probably would have received my original unit by now.

Okay so you had an issue with your unit, they payed you the money to send it back (hadn't had that with my faulty mobile phone, dvd player and graphics card...), fixed it in ONE week (i waited for all these products at least 1,5 weeks, the dvd player took 3,5 weeks) even with just 5 people working on the pandora AND other products and you still complain?

Seriously, what else do you want? Should they bring the pandora in person, bow down and kiss your shoes?

Jeez...

Seriously, what else do you want?
I guess he wanted that the device he spent 500$ on would have been not damaged.

What's up with that attitude? We all love the OPT, but sending out a "premium" unit wich is damaged in a way that can be seen with the bare eye is just something that should not happen. He has every right to be pissed about it, methinks. I would be too.

Sure, the replacement wasn't slow compared with other products, but a feeling like "oh great, I payed additional money and still have to wait a month" is just human. Feelings aren't rational.

Back