Painting a pandora

mafia-man

Any one know the type of plastic used for the case and what would be the most durable and suitable paints to use on that plastic?

I don't know what type of plastic will be used, but I've had pretty good luck with Krylon "Fusion" paint. I painted a USB port header to match my old case,and after 4 years it didn't have any deep scratches, despite constantly being hit with USB plugs.

As long as you don't use watercolors, I can't see why it shouldn't work

I'd love to give my pandora a paint job. I used to paint custom bikes for a living, so this would be an interesting little project.

Either that, or I might fancy fabricating a metal replacement case - a 'full metal jacket' for my pandora...

it's a shame colorware don't do skins for pandora. I'd get one!

is it possible to make a skin for the pandora? if you can, how is it done?

Ill airbrush my pandora when i get it for an extra-wtf when people see it :wink:
Maybe i will paint my version of Pandora on it ^_^

I think if the Pandora is matte, like the pictures suggest, it will be incredibly easy to paint, using something like plastikote. It'd be harder if it was DSLite-esque glossy.

Paul said:
It'd be harder if it was DSLite-esque glossy.

You could use fine grade wet+dry paper to give you a nice surface for your paint to key on.

jakshep2 said:
is it possible to make a skin for the pandora? if you can, how is it done?
If you're meaning of the usually-decorated vinyl variety, Lapjacks.com offer theirs in custom sizes, and can produce them using your own custom artwork if you wish. It's likely to be a little pricey, though.

If you're painting plastic, use Krylon Fusion, flat out. It's the best there is, so long as you're patient in your application of it. If you end up going with another brand or some funky color, just make sure to lay down a solid primer coat first.

I have a black aluminum "protector" over my PSP and it is fantastic. I wish there was one for the Pandora...

GS091B-1.JPG

How would that work on the Pandora, anyway? there would have to be room for the keyboard, screen, both analogs, the speakers, the dpad, the start buttons, the number keys, all the i/o ports. there would hardly be any metal...

Not to mention that it would have to be thin enough to enable the pandora to still completely fold. I suppose the only practical one would be one that only protects it when it's closed. Sorta like a sleeve

Hmm, maybe I'll have to make a couple stencils for the Openpandora logo and then put it down black on black on the top.

Gmanx said:
I'd love to give my pandora a paint job. I used to paint custom bikes for a living, so this would be an interesting little project.

Either that, or I might fancy fabricating a metal replacement case - a 'full metal jacket' for my pandora...

You might want to reconsider the "full metal jacket" concept when it greatly downsizes your wifi signal! :)

reyawn said:
Gmanx said:

You might want to reconsider the "full metal jacket" concept when it greatly downsizes your wifi signal! :)
I thought that was "full meat jacket"

Back