Panda-Usb.com - Pandora Tested Usb Accessories

Excellent! I wonder if there's anybody here from within the Eurozone or the UK that could confirm that those currencies are still working correctly? :)

after I get settled moving, I will go ahead and grab that camera as well as a couple of other nice items I saw... it might be a few days, so I'll let you know... also, I'd encourage others to request other colors for items they see on the site if they are available... if enough people are interested in certain colors (that have already been proven to be stockable) then she can grab small quantities as allowed by the vendors... I'm sure as popularity of the site in itself grows (because I'm sure other umpc devices could utilize these items) the inventory will flesh out nicely :D at least, that is my expectation...

Hey, Pleng, I just noticed two minor issues that you should know about. They both involve the "State/Province/Region" thing in the sign-up process (as accessed from attempting to check out without having yet signed up for an account). Half of the word "Region" is hidden behind the drop-down menu (so I can't see if it's a required field or not), and the three options for the UK are Ireland, Wales, and South Dakota. :lol:

I'm using the current Firefox on Mac OS X 10.5.x.

Prometheus said:
Half of the word "Region" is hidden behind the drop-down menu (so I can't see if it's a required field or not), and the three options for the UK are Ireland, Wales, and South Dakota. :lol:
Wait, you mean South Dakota isn't in the UK? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
Hey, Pleng, I just noticed two minor issues that you should know about. They both involve the "State/Province/Region" thing in the sign-up process (as accessed from attempting to check out without having yet signed up for an account). Half of the word "Region" is hidden behind the drop-down menu (so I can't see if it's a required field or not), and the three options for the UK are Ireland, Wales, and South Dakota. :lol:

I'm using the current Firefox on Mac OS X 10.5.x.

Maybe you should switch to Windows :p

Seriously, though. I have made a note of the first issue. Will try and get around to fixing that soon. I am unable to replicate the second issue though, I'm given the options of England, Northern Ireland, Scoland & Wales.

Has anybody else from the UK had the South Dakota issue? If so can you advise browser/OS? (Not that browser OS should make any difference, but even so).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not anybody else, but I just want to confirm it on Xubuntu 10.04, as well, Pleng. Latest Firefox, as before. :p

Hmm I'll have to boot into Ubuntu and check if it happens from here. Later. I need get-well sleep for now...

Prometheus, I am unable to replicate this with Ubuntu, which doesn't entirely suprise me as whatever the problem is, it is almost certainly server-side. Could you do me a big favor, by viewing the source and sending me the output?

Done. I'll PM it to you, as I think it's rather too long for a post, even with spoiler tags.

Thanks for that. I'll sift through it all to try and find out any clues.

Additional product: Shoulder Bag. Feels like this was designed for Pandora! Limited quantity available.

Hi Pleng, I'd love to enter the competition but I don't really have any need of any of the items. Would it be possible to just donate the money to the site?

Unfortunately as a business, she can't really accept donations. You could always buy a couple of items and give them away to friends/family, or keep them as spares.

I'll try and get a better picture tonight. It's been difficult to get a nice picture of it so far, unfortunately.

Interesting project and a growing bag of goodies. Will defo take a usb carging octopus, as keep losing the damn kids DS chargers and the Wifes ITouch leads. With that one I can keep the whole system from a downer.

Interested to know if this project will help your Thai friend above her current status and of how enterprising people need to be there to get by well? I'm not familiar with how rough life can be in Thailand but I help out in The Gambia and in future hope to do so elsewhere.

Well she doesn't certainly doesn't have a rough life (financially) but there's definitely room fo improvement! The fact that this person lives in Thailand isn't really relevant to my decision to give the Pandora away. Had it been a friend in England who had a related business idea I'd have probably donated it in a similar fassion.

As for enterprising out here in general (going off topic, but hey!), well most people when starting a business here do pretty much the same thing as everybody else. There's not so much out-of-the-box thinking. People tend to open identical businesses right next to each other. It's common to find a whole street full of shops selling exactly the same thing. And generally, standards of life aren't great. Most shops are actually the front room of people's houses, so they don't have the overhead of storefront rental etc to concern themselves with. This also means shops are open for long hours, but customers can be few and far between. I guess it would be more than possible to run an online business at the same time as running a shop, due to the infrequency of customers. If that online business and the shop were related you could probably save yourself some decent overhead, but still unlikely to make you rich.

Back