Panda-Usb.com - Pandora Tested Usb Accessories

We have a couple there already, but nothing high end. Right now, as a start-up, she doesn't have the resources to stock anything particularly high end - plus prices at that end of the market just aren't particularly competitive out here.

Right guys, here's the deal: I have a plane to catch (well a coach, a taxi, 2 planes, and 2 more coaches, to be precise :p) and so am going to be out of action for approximately the next 36 hours. There will almost certainly be no new products before the end of the competition. So this is your last chance at getting in with a shot at netting the cheapest Pandora around, and getting yourself some groovy new toys to boot! Currently chances of winning are about 1 in 25, which aint bad odds at all! You all know the url (it's in my sig if you don't). Good luck every body, and thanks for all of your support and feedback so far! :)

I'm a bit late posting, but I purchased the USB camera and the flat mouse. The packaging was sufficient - a couple small items in an almost standard manila shipping envelope and padding. The happy anime character on front and back was a nice highlight. I didn't recognize the character, but it really was a nice highlight. It reminded me a lot of the characters at any of the toy stores in San Francisco's China Town.

The flat mouse is a little smaller than I thought, about 1/3 smaller front to back and side to side than a stock Logitech or MS mouse. Since it's flat it's only about 1/3 as tall. That doesn't bother me since I tend to grip a mouse with my fingertips towards the base of the mouse anyway. I've largish hands and the poor thing positively disappears beneath it when I use it. I's thankfully not as small as one of those truly annoying "micro" usb mouse things most folk build for laptops. It's a nice compromise between size and portability. I'll try to get some photos eventually.

I've actually used the mouse more - which was an impulse purchase to get the purchase price above $15 US for the contest. I didn't spend any time reviewing it on the website, so they may already have comparison photos up there for the curious. It's "faster" than an MS or Logitech mouse, which took a little getting used to. You don't have to move it much to get the cursor scooting about the screen. I've been happy with it.

The cable is a mixed bag in my opinion. On the one hand, it's slim - more like small 2-wire speaker wire than the traditional 3/16" single insulated cord that comes with most usb devices. It wraps neatly around the cord grooves in the body of the mouse, and the USB plug fits into a slot on the bottom of the mouse - NICE. No more annoying mess of unwound mouse cable in the zipper "top bag" of my pack.

On the other the groove that directs the cable out of the bottom socket pinches the cable a little, and it's not a very thick cable to begin with. I'm a little worried about it eventually damaging the cord, especially since I'm not the most delicate guy on the planet. I tend to like things a little overbuilt, rather than under built. I think, as long as one isn't too rushed and takes a little caution when winding the cord, all should be fine.

Overall I'm very happy with the mouse.

The Camera:
HUGE PLUS - it worked as soon as I plugged it in. I'm using a bog standard Kubuntu distro at the moment.

NEUTRAL - it has 3 white LEDs that can be turned off. I haven't tried it in pitch dark conditions, but I'd imagine it's barely enough illumination for the camera, and they don't seem to do anything except annoy me in "moderate" light conditions. Like a single desk lamp.

Minus - it really is a very basic camera, with disappointing image quality. The little camera dot on the top cover of my laptop is the same size or smaller - as are most camera dots on phone, but all those cameras seem to give much better picture quality in the same light.

It's also larger than I expected.
I didn't have a Pandora to use as a comparison, but the camera and clip are larger than I expected. It's in a tube, with the LEDs on one side and the camera lens on the other, and a bit of tube extending beyond both camera and LEDs. The tube is wide enough that those three LEDs can face one direction in a triangle configuration. I didn't scale it properly in my head when I saw it.

If it can be found, I'd like something with the same plug and play capabilities, but just large enough for the lens, cmos, and encasing plastic. I'd go ahead and ditch the LEDs. If possible, a better picture.

At the price? It's nice to have.

EDIT: finished the sentence about the anime character.

EDIT 2: The light thing may be giving me a bad impression about the image quality.

Edit the 3rd: I have the Orange camera - looks like they already have a different one which might resolve my reservations with the orange one. And the orange one doesn't have a mic, so I removed that bit from my comments.

I just received my command !
Shipped the 9th, 5 days is quite goood for thailand -> ouestern europe for 1.7€ :)

USB Hub including card reader :

Looks nice, 3 USB ports and SD(HC)/MMC/RS MMC/miniSD/microSD/MS/MS pro/MS Duo/MS pro duo/M2 capability (just listing what is written on the device :p )
It has little orange leds for power/card reader. Just tested SD and microSD, it works fine (hopefully !). It is in reality smaller than i expected, good point.
There's (obviously) a tiny USB-cable on the back which fit in the hub.

LAN adapter :
Nothing particular to say, it works and has a red led that switch on when connecting.

Size comparison :
You can see a nintendo DS lite, the usb hub and lan adapter, a (shitty) microSD card and its SD adapter.

Yup just 6 hours left guys. Thanks for all your support, today has been out busiest day so far for some strange reason :) Just to let you all know that we're a little behind in processing and shipping. She'll get up to date over the next two days, promise!

Again thanks for all your support and don't forget to follow us on twitter. This competition is ending soon but we there's a lot more to come - more products, and we're gonna start investigating the posibility of a Pandora specific product, with the help of your input here on these forums. More to come in the next week or so :)

Again thanks for all your support. I hope you all enjoy your products :)

if only there had been more of those shoulder bags, but sadly by the time I was able to check them out, they were gone :(

she'll try and get some more in, but clearly not in time for the compo :(

I've already got one Pandora and a second on the way. A third would have just been greedy ;)
So contest or not, if she gets more in I would definitely be all over that like something that is all over something and hard to get off.

Today I definitely decided to join wheel of fortune. Sadly I can't choose what to buy. Shop has still very limited list. At last I choose 2x USB-LAN adapter. I have already USB hub and it works with my Pandora. I don't have use for other stuff, but I want build something like Pandora's docking station. so one USB-LAN will be built into docking station and second can be handy too, or I sell it to some other Pandorian here (in my country).

Actually my hub looks quite good for modding. It is some Apacer High Speed with rotating sections. Can be powered by Pandora's power adapter (I don't have any included with this hub), and rotating sections (only 2 of 4, 2 are fixed) are connected base PSB by cable. So it is easy to dismantle and mod.

finally got my order in!!! browser was taking FOREVER to load pages... not sure if that was an issue on my end or pandorausb, but whatever... Hope I did it in time! Looking forward to my new devices (as they will get some play on my laptop and desktop before my Pandora gets here anyway! :D

Hi Pleng,

So do we know who the very lucky winner is? Thanks to you for your very kind act of donating your 'baby' to help a friend!

The winner will be drawn and announced tomorrow.

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of people checking their inbox's a few extra times tomorrow :)

Pleng said:
The winner will be drawn and announced tomorrow.

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of people checking their inbox's a few extra times tomorrow :)

Thanks, I know I will be, well I already have been. Fingers crossed all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, all the orders are up to date, everybody who's in the competition has received confirmation that they are in fact in the competition, either by way of a shipping or processing order status update.

The draw will take place at mid day today BST. Entrants will then be emailed individually to let them know if they have won or not.

Once everybody including the winner has been contacted, the winning order number will be posted here.

I echo Prometheus' sentiment in her previous post: Good luck everybody! Of course, there can only be one winner, so to everybody else, thank's for taking part and better luck next time (hmmm wonder what that means.... ;) )

Gruso I certainly will. In fact it's part of the terms and conditions of the competition (which you all read, of course? :p) that they allow that information to be released. Of course I'll double check with them that they agree first.

Back