Panda-Usb.com - Pandora Tested Usb Accessories

The picture quality is about the same, to be honest - most these chinese devices are the same chipsets in different packages.Size wise it's a lot smaller - it's about the size of one of those small rolls of sticky tape you get (though squared off, of course) - and it folds flat.

Whilst I'd have loved to have won, pleased it actually went to someone who hasn't already received theirs yet. Must have been one of the best competitions I've ever entered - in that in effect free to enter, relatively high value prize and very reasonable odds.

Anyway - hope the site continues to be successful. I'm now busy waiting for the goods to turn up... but at least I've got plenty of experience of waiting for Pandora related kit, and sure from others experience shouldn't take too long :D

I think it would be nice to have new items announced on the forums (this one, the official one, or both) as they basically did here in this thread... great for promotions of the site as well as proof of continued support for the Pandora in itself!

......also, seasonal contests would be nice :p

Well I'd certainly like to be able to announce new products on the forum. Is that allowed within the forum rules? If so do you think it should be a new thread per product? Or one big 'Panda USB - New Products' thread? Of course finding new products is going to be pretty difficult while I don't have a Pandora to test with. I have a WiFi dongle which has a source code driver, that I'm willing to send to anybody with the time and expertise to try and get working.

There will certainly be more competitions as time goes on, and we're hoping to develop a couple of products unique to Pandora - though that might have to wait until supply gets a little more consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Well I'd certainly like to be able to announce new products on the forum. Is that allowed within the forum rules? If so do you think it should be a new thread per product? Or one big 'Panda USB - New Products' thread? Of course finding new products is going to be pretty difficult while I don't have a Pandora to test with. I have a WiFi dongle which has a source code driver, that I'm willing to send to anybody with the time and expertise to try and get working.

There will certainly be more competitions as time goes on, and we're hoping to develop a couple of products unique to Pandora - though that might have to wait until supply gets a little more consistent.
I would say new thread per product. Also announce them in your sig.

Not exactly a new product, but she now has an affiliate program with a leading UK supplier of memory cards. Customers who click the link in our site and order memory cards from the supplier will be supporting Mantana's business by means of commission.

I'm sure you can recruit some pandora owners to have sample products sent to them (especially if you have any local ones) for test purposes... or something along those lines... I figure my idea would be a springboard to get something started until you accquire your next pandora. I'm sure owners globally, as well as locally, would be willing to help... and what I'd suggest is getting a mailing list together for that purpose so as not to mix things up in the forums and have people thinking a potential product is a proven and purchasable product from the site... And announce accordingly.

it would surprise me if you werent' allowed to note new products on the site as we all reference products usable with the pandora, dingoo, and everything else around here all the time... worse case scenario, if you can't promote them here, you can promote them on the official OP forums... simple as that.

Tickles said:
Pleng said:

I would say new thread per product. Also announce them in your sig.
I think if we had one main thread, it would generate more interest (per-product threads are more likely to become inactive and trickle down the boards). If a particular product dominates the discussion, that could be moved into its own thread.

(Someone just let me know when the USB hub + SDHC reader is in stock again...)

Tom` said:
(Someone just let me know when the USB hub + SDHC reader is in stock again...)

In stock now :)

We've had a bit of a chat in the mod forum about posting product additions. No decree has been issued or anything like that, but the general vibe is that a single thread for store news would be fine.

Personally I think this thread would be ideal (as opposed to starting a new one), as it contains the whole story of how the store came about. A fresh thread would look more like a blatant advertisement, and might send the wrong message to newcomers / potential spammers. We could change the thread title to something like panda-usb.com - Pandora tested USB accessories, and edit the first post to say that the comp is over but the store is still running. Thoughts? :)

That sounds fine to me. The only reason I would have been worried about using this thread would have been the title.

got my 2-in-1 controller in the mail a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to play with it... works fine on non-ubuntu based linux distros (wished to not this, because of my uncomfortability with Ubunto being seen as a Linux standard, as it's not... still not sure why it's so popular, but it is what it is... and I digress... just wanted to chime in to say I got my stuff and it works for my non-pandora gaming until I get my pandora... :D

...And that shipping from Thailand took close to a month... which isn't all that bad for the distance... :p

A month. wow! Shipping generally tends to take anywhere from a week to three weeks. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason - location certainly doesn't seem to be one of the factors!

A month is quite some time. Anyway, glad you're please with your controllers.

Thanks... I'm expecting my Pandora to take close to the same amount of time to ship... once it's built... I'll probably be buying more of those controllers since they are unique... and eficient... two controllers for one USB port... can't wait till they produce 4 to 1 options like this... though, I'd rather they not be daisy chained like these are if they do go beyond 2 controllers... a USB hub-like split towards the middle of the cable or closer to the USB end would be nicer, as it would allow users to be farther away from each other than the daisy-chaining option does... but we shall see if such ideas/devices appear anytime soon.. :D will make PSX emulation for 4 player games SO much easier on something like the Pandora, let alone PC gaming and such...

Ah piffle :(
My last package is still in the mail. Hope it arrives soon.
I also hope your friend is doing alright and made lotsa money.

Pleng said:
Closed for any further business. Sorry.

Could you provide a little more clarification as to what you mean by this, I'm guessing that you mean Panda USB is no more, but having a look at the website linked in your Sig makes me wonder if I've misunderstood.

Was just about to suggest a few accessories.

I'd hate to see this store fail... is there anything we can do to help reopen? I enjoyed all the accessories I got and wish to buy more... we all would like more clarification... not only are there plenty of potential buyers waiting for their pandoras before they buy, there are plenty of "here and now" buyers either with pandoras or wishing to stock up on accessories before the units ship... Any info would be better than nothing more than what has been said so far...

Sorry for the lack of information.

Basically a march larger number of the items have gone missing in the post than would normally be expected, to the point where she simply can't trust the Thai post system to be able to deliver enough of the items to make the store even remotely profitable. Right now it's made a loss. Not a substantial one, but one enough to know it's time to give up.

With no realistic delivery channel, the store really can't continue operating.

Right now I have left the site as is but removed all the 'add to cart links', while I decide what to do with it. It could be possible that it could become a site that links to other vendors of said products, but as most of the products are unbranded that could be difficult. I'm welcome to suggestions.

Back