Pandora 0.5

lulzfish

Pandora Defense Squad
Website
troyanonymous.homelinux.com
What if OPT used this older processor that I heard about on Slashdot a few years back, and made a shittier Pandora, with less RAM (I think 64MB should be enough for most GUI tasks) and less CPU power?

They could also take out some features, like the Bluetooth and touchscreen.

What do you think?

way to think outside the box...i cant agree though. imo, a great emulator device should emulate anything that isnt readily available to purchase at retail stores

The Nintendo 64 emulator and alought of other emulators may not have been possible.

Sounds like a dingoo with different control scheme.

Probably extremely stripped down as well, minimenu only.

I do believe most of the boards are a bit sarcasm-challenged :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

What if OPT used this older processor that I heard about on Slashdot a few years back, and made a shittier Pandora, with less RAM (I think 64MB should be enough for most GUI tasks) and less CPU power?

What do you think?
Personally, I think 640k should be enough for anybody.

Dear Sir, then you would basically have a PSP (64MB RAM) in a NDS shell without PSP games. xD

I prefer sticking to the original Pandora Design Concept, lol.

Mmm... no. Not a fan of this idea.

I'd much rather see the team put their efforts into building a successor with more capabilities than a neutered device for cheapskates.

If you want a less powerful console just go and buy any of the older hardware available. GP32, GP2X, Wiz, Caannoo, Dingoo, Geimei(sp?). THere's plenty of them out there including a ton of generically branded chinese PMPs too.

What do you think?

I think this idea is awesome! I reckon that also the 0.5 should be much bigger and chunkier, with an absolutely attrocious battery life, and it should run on C type batteries, six of them.

Back