Pandora Article To Raise Awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.

techjunkie

Still Fresh
Hey everybody I removed the link to the article as a result of the poor writing on my part thank you for your cooperation.

that use of grammar and punctuation in that article is terrible.
i dont know why you mentioned n64 either, there is NO news on it yet.

I had to do it fast and I talked with zod and he said that n64 is capable of full speed, why the bashing i'm trying to help. :(

Why the heck did you tell them to visit zodttd.com? The official website is just openpandora.org, this is just going to make people confused. Good initiative, but should have been more well-thought ;) (and well-written of course. It's an article, something people wil lread seriously, so should be seriously written)

techjunkie said:
I talked with zod and he said that n64 is capable of full speed
:eek:

sorry, not trying to put you down... article could do with some editing though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i appreciate the criticism i thrive on it maybe if I do it again ill preview it here so people can throw in 2 cents worth :) Forgot the link to zodttd.com is because thats how i first found out about the pandora and your supposed to put a reference link to where you first found it.

I am a tech writer for a pretty big newspaper in my city (100,000+) and I was thinking of writing an article on the Pandora once it comes out. It might be a hard sell to my editor, though, I was never able to publish an article on the gp2x or the new found legality of famiclones...

Here's a slightly more professional version. Feel free to use this for any promotional purposes.

The latest handheld gaming/computing device is nearing completion. The spiritual succesor to the GP2X, the Pandora is already capable of runnning Playstation 1 games at full speed and has the potential for more advanced console emulation in the future. The Pandora is a fully open computing platform which will run a custom Linux OS on TI's latest ARM SoC, the OMAP3530. Beta hardware is already being tested by well known handheld scene developers.

* ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
* 430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
* PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
* 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
* Wifi 802.11b/g & High Speed USB Host
* Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
* Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
* 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
* Aprox. 10+ Hours battery life

For more information, visit the official web site http://openpandora.org or the Pandora Wiki at http://pandorawiki.org.

Chip^ I like that i really wish I came here first for ideas now maybe somebody else can give it a shot on a different website.

It might be worth not doing so for the time being - as far as I'm aware, the most recent comment along the lines of Pandora being in "Stealth Mode" by Craigix was within the last two weeks!

Might be worth waiting until there's just a little bit more media out there - although I'd guess we're getting pretty close to that stage at the moment...

Tobriand said:
It might be worth not doing so for the time being - as far as I'm aware, the most recent comment along the lines of Pandora being in "Stealth Mode" by Craigix was within the last two weeks!

Might be worth waiting until there's just a little bit more media out there - although I'd guess we're getting pretty close to that stage at the moment...

Between Engadget, Linuxdevices, Boingboing Gadgets, and all the posts, there's not much to gain from another one paragraph + specs "article" on another tech blog. The next real news is going to be "Pandora now available for preorder", followed shortly by unboxing slideshows and hands-on reviews. Once there are retail Pandoras in the wild, the buzz will generate itself. I don't think anybody needs to worry too much about active promotion - at least not yet.

Is all this talk of fullspeed PS1 emulation really a good idea? Sony can be a tad overzealous in the legal department at times, and might not appreciate an emulator on par (or better than) their own commercial PSP offering...

fishybawb said:
Is all this talk of fullspeed PS1 emulation really a good idea? Sony can be a tad overzealous in the legal department at times, and might not appreciate an emulator on par (or better than) their own commercial PSP offering...
Or either SEGA or Nintendo for that matter. Actually Nintendo is far more paranoid with (portable) emulators, although Sony *might* be worried as well. Thing is, they (the devs) don't want the Pandora to be advertised mainly as an emulation device just because of that. Averyone knows it's one of the major interest points--but stating that OFFICIALLY--and news articles sound semi-official, or at least have a broad audience--is sure to be asking for trouble.

On another note, I think PROMOTING the Pandora in a general gamer/tech news site specifically as GP2X successor of nay kind might be a bad idea. People that didn't know the whole story might associate the product with the bad side--read crappy hardware & stock software, and even some people already came here thinking it was Korean. The people who know the GP2X will want to check the forums out and know for themselves ;)

Stating it was a community-driven project is, IMO, a good idea, especially coupled with the addition that craig and co. are experienced in the industry and know what they're doing--that sounds like "Wow, a good company that REALLy listens to users--even before the thing is done!" instead of your usual "the initial hardware is sh*t and they only do revisions after 1,000 people complain" ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back