Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

@pmporg when are we going to get to train on xbox live? every time i go online to train you were on 3 hours before :eek:

@pmporg when are we going to get to train on xbox live? every time i go online to train you were on 3 hours before :eek:

lol, I have no idea. I was on one time, it said you logged on, then before I could invite you it said you'd logged off. Are you about tonight? I'm free from 7pm all night

PS: Do you have the Arcade Edition? Also, I'm going to try and use the PC version first (I believe you can cross-platform with PC and Xbox, if not, I'll boot up the 360)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Arcade edition yes.

Hopefully tonight we should be able to train then :p

I did a quick google search an i dont think you can play ssf4 xplatorm i.e. PC vs Xbox player.

How does the Ramsden Arms sound as a possible venue for the meet up? I've been in once before and found the reviews on the beer on the evening site (see link) to be a pretty accurate summary.

It was fairly quiet, seemed not to be plagued by hoards of hen / stag parties (except the one I was with :p ), had a couple of smaller side rooms and the staff & patrons were friendly. The beer was also very good.

If nobody has any objections / better suggestions I'll update the first post with this as the chosen venue in a week or so.

Address / contact details for the Ramsden Arms Hotel :

204 Talbot Road

Blackpool

Lancs

FY1 3AZ

Tel: 01253 623215

I have Arcade edition yes.

Hopefully tonight we should be able to train then :p

I did a quick google search an i dont think you can play ssf4 xplatorm i.e. PC vs Xbox player.
I had a quick look too, shame. I'll have to just play SSFIV, but I have the upgrade pack, so should be okay. Means I'll have to use my Xbox pad instead of the pad I'm going to take (which is a PS2 with USB adapter, I believe these will work on the PS3).

I'll boot the xbox up, and leave it on until you arrive :)

I had a quick look too, shame. I'll have to just play SSFIV, but I have the upgrade pack, so should be okay. Means I'll have to use my Xbox pad instead of the pad I'm going to take (which is a PS2 with USB adapter, I believe these will work on the PS3).

I'll boot the xbox up, and leave it on until you arrive :)
ah excellent, in that case I can use my PSone Namco arcade stick with usb to PS twin adaptor I have.

2073203819_d9be1fc1be.jpg

I should be online (xbox live) no later than 9pm hope thats ok.

The blackpool experience: one large plate of beige matter washed down with 16 pints of stella artoise, 14 counts of public urination followed by a brisk punch up, marquess of queensbury style. Get off with two rotund ladies of a similar age to your aunt, followed by shouting at long hairs. End the evening by defecating yourself face down in a pool of someone else's vomit.

The blackpool experience: one large plate of beige matter washed down with 16 pints of stella artoise, 14 counts of public urination followed by a brisk punch up, marquess of queensbury style. Get off with two rotund ladies of a similar age to your aunt, followed by shouting at long hairs. End the evening by defecating yourself face down in a pool of someone else's vomit.

+1

I would enter the tourney but I absolutely suck at street fighter 4, in fact playing that online killed my love for fighting games completely! That's why I'm selling my sticks. Maybe I could bring them and try to flog them there

Got a reply from the Replay Expo team - they are trying to organize us some area where we can present the Pandora and the iCP to new users :)

How many of you guys are coming? Should we create some Pandora T-Shirts and infiltrate the show? :D

I'm slightly concerned that someone would try to steal my precious Pandora, have to chain it to my wrist with some handcuffs. Of course it's far more likely that I would just get completely shit faced and drop it on the floor, smashing it into a thousand tiny bits.

It would be cool to know exactly who is there from here, if we're all wearing t-shirts then we'd be forced to talk to each other, or at least regard each other suspiciously from across the hall

What are these 'T-Shirts' you speak of? Won't you all be wearing shirts (without a front pocket, and tucked in) and some of you ties?

a shirt and tie in blackpool? that would be like going to mars in a bikini

Back