Software Pandora Audio Switch

that's true, of course. but the onboard wifi is crap anyways.
if you depend on a reliable wifi connection for your pandora a wifi dongle is heavily recommended.

Wifi strength depends on the router for me.

Many places (especially at home) my internal Wifi is faster and more stable than a USB dongle. Every so often when I'm out and about, the internal wifi can't seem to connect to a router, but a dongle works fine. That's why I bring a small dongle with me most places, but rarely use it.

I got me a real cheap tiny 802.11N Wi-Fi dongle even though the internal Wi-Fi on my unit is decent reaching about 150Kb/sec.
But... The difference between the dongle and the internal Wi-Fi is staggering. The dongle reaches 2,5MB/sec blowing the internal Wi-Fi out of the park. The downside of the dongle is though, it eats battery power for breakfast lunch and dinner too..

Anyway, I hardly ever need such high Wi-Fi speeds so I don't use the dongle much. I just keep it in my handy Pandora accessories pouch together with all other USB stuff that could come in handy in case of a zombie apocalypse.

I just keep it in my handy Pandora accessories pouch together with all other USB stuff that could come in handy in case of a zombie apocalypse.
that's exactly how i do it.
now that trump's in charge it can happen anytime :)
[doublepost=1485952537,1485952235][/doublepost]
Uh great ;) didn't know this script exist....don't have something to test, but i think it could be integrated into firmware or made a PND.
btw i could wrap the script in a nice gui (and even a PND) if users do want that...

Well I like it the way it is, I think I am faster this way.
However an addition to the configbutton would be very nice. It already has an plugin interface with the possibility for settings per plugin (although none of my plugins uses this feature). Maybe I will have a look in this direction myself. ;)

I also think using the terminal is the most comfortable way.
But using the script a taskbar toggles addition should be rather easy for everyone. Its already been done in openbox earlier in this thread.

As soon as i get my pandora back i'll fix you up with a gui of some sort.

I did a few test with my bluetooth speaker (thanks Santa) and it seems it didn't like devices with parentheses on the name, like LG PH1(8D).

pas-test.png

I did remove (8D) from the name, and it does change .asound but how to make the programs to output to the bt speaker? I don't see any other output on QMMP, SMPLAYER, etc.

theres no need to change the output mode as long as your progs use alsa for sound output. pas sets the device of your choice as default device. so, as far as alsa is concerned, it will use that device.
dunno about qmmp, but smplayer should work fine.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

i didnt know this was a competition.
Well, most of my games and application for the pandora are made because of competitions :p
[doublepost=1486732502,1486732457][/doublepost]
I did a few test with my bluetooth speaker (thanks Santa) and it seems it didn't like devices with parentheses on the name, like LG PH1(8D).

View attachment 30009

I did remove (8D) from the name, and it does change .asound but how to make the programs to output to the bt speaker? I don't see any other output on QMMP, SMPLAYER, etc.
Ah, thanks! I only checked for " and spaces, I will add a check for paranthesis, too :)

@canseco: Okay, I hopefully fixed the parantheses bug for you. If you click a name with parantheses, they are converted to underscore. And even if you type them by hand, it will not let you create such a device. I did the same for asterisks.
The reason is, that I call a bash script in the background and I would need to escape these letters. Well, it's easier to to forbid them. :>
Most recent version is here (same link as before): Download soundoutput.so
[doublepost=1486734042,1486733920][/doublepost]
It doesn't work, but i will wait for the name fix and report back again.
Inside I am still using the pas.sh script. Did it work before for you?
[doublepost=1486734259][/doublepost]You also need to select the device after adding it (maybe I should make this optional with a checkbox...) and at least I need to restart my applications after an alsa output change ;)
[doublepost=1486743783][/doublepost]@KickAss: Ah, I forgot, that I need to change some options beforehand. I will add this too my GUI, too. ;)

Maybe things would work out best if ppl followed my initial PAS instructions first and be offered gui stuff afterwards. Not vice versa.

Back