Pandora - Capability and Availability

Kumaki

Can someone tell me if I can buy a Pandora now...and if so, what is the cost in U.S. dollars?

Second, can anyone tell me the list of Emulators that will work with the Pandora?

Specifically, I'd love it if RAINE can be emulated on Pandora.

You can buy a preorder for £10 (I think). When the German factory is fully up to speed and you Pandora is ready for delivery you will be asked for another £300-£400.

Welcome to the boards.

You can find some info about available emulators on the following pages:

Unfortunately, neither resource is guaranteed to be exhaustive.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a preorder for £10 (I think). When the German factory is fully up to speed and you Pandora is ready for delivery you will be asked for another £300-£400.

Thanks for the info...any idea what that comes to in U.S. Dollars?

Welcome to the boards.

You can find some info about available emulators on the following pages:

Unfortunately, neither resource is guaranteed to be exhaustive.

Thank you guys, this is a big help.

I'm severely hoping for a RAINE emulator. I know there exists a Linux port already, so it might not be too hard for someone more skilled than me. I'm not so much a coder as a user, lol.

Hummmm...I notice that even MAME is not listed on that list, but I downloaded a copy of the Pandora version of MAME...not that I have been able to do anything with it since I don't yet have a Pandora.

Well, no-one is quite sure what currency the preorder is in (although it doesn't matter if you deposit too much, you just have to pay less later) the final cost is in the region of $550, although I don't think it is completely decided.

I'm severely hoping for a RAINE emulator. I know there exists a Linux port already, so it might not be too hard for someone more skilled than me.
About $500.00. Perhaps a little bit more. The preorder page mentions 375 euro for international customers (i.e. excluding VAT).

I recall having read that RAINE contains x86 assembly code which would need to be rewritten entirely. It is not impossible, but it can be a fair amount of work.

I'm severely hoping for a RAINE emulator. I know there exists a Linux port already, so it might not be too hard for someone more skilled than me.
About $500.00. Perhaps a little bit more. The preorder page mentions 375 euro for international customers (i.e. excluding VAT).

I recall having read that RAINE contains x86 assembly code which would need to be rewritten entirely. It is not impossible, but it can be a fair amount of work.

That's not cheap. Still might get one anyway.

But if there was RAINE...I would DEFINITELY cough up the cashola.

I'd LOVE to be portable with DoDonPachi....

Doesn't there exist a PSX version of that? Not sure if there are major differences between platforms, but the PSX emulator, PCSX ReARMed, is truly excellent.

Arcade emulation options are good on the Pandora, but it's not all there yet. There are three versions of MAME; MAME4all, MAME106, and MAME EX (well, four including SDLMAME but I don't think anyone uses that these days). Each has its own strengths.

We've been waiting a while for FinalBurnAlpha (which is another path to DoDonPachi) and just recently one of our members has acquired the source code for a look.

RAINE looks interesting. There is a port request page on the wiki where we add things like this. The list is ever growing though, so it's a matter of waiting and hoping a dev finds your entry appealing. Or getting their attention with a bounty.

[edit] As Caine says, PCSXreARMEd is one of our best emulators. It's worth a bit more digging to see how good the support is for the games you want to play. There's a PCSX thread in the Software News subforum - you could probably even ask people to test a game or two for you. :)

Well, it doesn't work on Dingoo...which is what I have at the moment...

DoDonPachi works with MAME 37b5...but it hangs the Dingoo.

I can't offer much "bounty" I'm afraid...I have been unemployed for nearly two years, trying to start my own business, and it has been very very slow. so slow that I am now looking for part-time work to do around my business until it takes off.

It works great on MAME EX which was a great Christmas present from Devloper Extradonaire Streak.

Really?

What MAMEset do you need with MAME EX?

My romsets are all 37b5.

I know a lot of them do not change from version to version...but I am wondering how many of mine I currently hav will work with it.

Of course you also have game engine recreations

like ScummVM and ResidualVM

that let you play even more games.

Back