Gamecube Emulator

frostedfires

Ok i know what ur all thinking, not another crazy question about *can this emulator work on the pandora* but this is the biggest question in my mind. I am very curious if this is even possible because the gamecube is prob the coolest emulator out there and i love to play it on my computer which works wonderfuly. But.... i realy want a portable gamecube and the pandora is the only possible way i think. Could someone please tell me if it can be done? cause if it can then im going to go pre order right now.

Thanks.

As much as i would love a gamecube emulator, i cant ever see it happening. Pc emulation of the gamecube last time i tried was ok but required a really beast of a machine to get decent framerates

having seen the progress on the Dreamcast emu and the beginnings of a PSP emu too, the question isnt really that ridiculous. I m not saying its going to happen, obviously its not but it's really not that much of a stupid question. I always (perhaps wrongly) assumed that Dreamcast and Gamecube were of a similar spec.

Last edited by a moderator:
'gibberish' said:
I always (perhaps wrongly) assumed that Dreamcast and Gamecube were of a similar spec.
Very wrongly. Gamecube seems a good typical 3x more powerful in the CPU department. Don't really know about graphical capabilities but I'm sure those are much better too.

There is the nice open source Dolphin emulator with an OpenGL renderer, but that doesn't mean much for the Pandora. There might some day be a proof of concept that barely does anything, but games will never be playable....

(but really, I'm saying it's impossible because of how much the impossible happens around here)

200px-No_sign.svg.png

I believe the Pandora has a CPU roughly on par to the Gamecube's. Emulation is slower than 1:1, so no, it won't happen.

If we told you, you wouldn't learn your lesson.
Read the forums.
See what can be emulated.
Compare technologies.
Take a wild guess.

You know, I was thinking about checking out the Dolphin SVN and seeing what it would take to move it over to ES 2.0. It might be a waste of time, but, well that's what they said about N64 on the PSP.

I'm coding a Gamecube emu for Pandora in Atari BASIC. It won't run until we get a good Atari 800 emulator first, but now you know.

Back