• wut?

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • wot?

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • wat?

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters

See poll. Absurd.

It's just a small computer, re: smartphone/netbook/tablet hybrid.

Though I don't understand why it's marketed as a "console" at all, but that's just me.

I think it should be marketed as a Handheld Everything Console. But that's just me.

nintendo used the SDHC patent for years even though they only paid for SD patent, all wii consoles must be taken off ebay(im gonna completely ignore all the stuff the wii can pirate/run/load/vibrate)

Ebay, are you being serious? You know what this means right? You, me, outside, NOW! This means war!

Last edited by a moderator:
So in theory, one cannot sell on ebay any device that could use ebay.

What a very unstupid policy.

I'm wondering how many people bought a bunch of Pandoras just to sell on ebay for some quick profits.

A part of me hopes that it's not a mistake personally. Imagine all the free publicity that the Pandora will get if it gets banned whilst things like the iPhone are allowed to be sold even though they're capable of the same things.

At the right time too as the productions starting to ramp up.

You know what they say about any publicity being good publicity :D

EDIT: If it gets banned then it becomes an underground device and instantly cool to everybody else also ;)

Good Luck Craig. Do you know if the ban is UK Ebay only? Or worldwide?

I love Ebay, but on the same hand they are complete jackasses! Playing imports, really? The PS3 plays imports by nature, and there is no ban on that device, and never will be. This is what I'm talking about when I say they have robots running that site. The Pandora plays imports the same way a PC or ipod could, but they will never see this kind of stupidity.

Well, hopefully Craig can resolve this issue in a timely matter, but I won't hold my breath when it comes to Ebay.

Chris

I think ebay have probably seen many devices being sold with ROMs like maybe the Dingoo etc. and are just lumping them all in to one.

Once we explain they will understand. Ebay are usually OK for talking to, we have a phone number for them.

Who ever thinks that a graphing calculator cannot play pirated material... I got some bad news: I listened to copyrighted 8 bit tracks on there.

Anyway, Congratulations Opt, I think someone higher in big software felt threaten if the Pandora got out, and pulled eBay's strings. :lol: Although, this feels like when ED tried to pull ads on you tube, and got rejected for vague reasons. What ebay is trying to pull, this is a complete load of crap.

To Big-Media who happen to be reading:

To Protect your products from piracy, do your corporation a favor: don't release them.

Anyway, Congratulations Opt, I think someone higher in big software felt threaten if the Pandora got out, and pulled eBay's strings. :lol: Although, this feels like when ED tried to pull ads on you tube, and got rejected for vague reasons. What ebay is trying to pull, this is a complete load of crap.

To Big-Media who happen to be reading:

To Protect your products from piracy, do your corporation a favor: don't release them.
That's very unlikely. My understanding is that eBay is actually mostly automated*, and to that end I find this theory difficult to believe. :p Moreover, you only need to look at the situation with fake flash media, fake GBA and DS games, and the like to see a problem with that - much, much bigger companies try to get that stuff killed on eBay, and eBay don't.

*[anecdote]

I encountered this system once, albeit as a buyer and not a seller. I was bidding on a pin (yes, it was a Mega Man one, however did you all guess that? :p ), and the seller made a note that it was not a fake (but that "some of the fakes out there are cool, though", which was probably what set it off), since a lot of fake pins had been doing the rounds at the time, and the listing got nerfed within a day. They simply re-listed it without the statement that the pin wasn't a fake.

[/anecdote]

@Craig - Did the listing possibly contain any key words that are known to set off their listing-nuker? It could well just be as simple as that. I recall hearing gripes from folks selling GP32s and GP2Xes way back, and I'm pretty sure that it just turned out to be that.

Quote from Twitter:

Right, now it's banned because it can play 'imports'. Brilliant.

:blink: If this is going off of imports, as in regional imports, this has reached a new level of stupid.

^ That's another thing typical of the aforementioned robotic responses, though. That wording has been in their help section for a number of years, if I'm remembering rightly.

ANIMATED SIGNATURE

LET THE SHITSTORM BEGIN
I promised myself I'd pull that sig at the first complaint, so away it goes!

(I just thought that Tom & Jerry scene was too hilariously close to Kim Kaphwan's super to pass up making into a gif)

wheres the anonymous clan when you need them......
Not Your Personal Army :)

Did the listing possibly contain any key words that are known to set off their listing-nuker? It could well just be as simple as that.
Given the continued listing of other more limited products (which are almost entirely restricted to emulation), as per my earlier comment, this may be the most likely explanation.

Although, the change of reason from "piracy" to "imports" is concerning...

Suffice to say retro consoles tend to wrongly raise flags on ebay and I'd love to say so do the public on the premise of wars upon false pretenses, it will all blow over though (sadly has done) and hopefully the controversy may help the sales figures futures and not DUly effect your childrens.

I promised myself I'd pull that sig at the first complaint, so away it goes!

(I just thought that Tom & Jerry scene was too hilariously close to Kim Kaphwan's super to pass up making into a gif)

I don't have a problem with your (former) sig picture. Others will, though. I tried an animated pic of Segata Sanshiro. Not well-received. (However, it was bigger than your image, and was surrounded by bold red text.) Then I brought out a GIF of James Bond playing Mario Kart DS. Didn't last a day.

Back