Pandora Convention?

After batch two has shipped, OP should grab a booth at a Linux convention and just invite everybody over to the party.

Good idea? Which convention? ED and Craigix get the final word, obviously, but I'd love to have them invited to some of the US conventions to do keynote speeches and whatnot. The convention would probably pay their travel fees anyway.

That would be amazing! Who knows what kind of publicity we'd get. Probably a lot of developers there, too.

In my opinion, they should bring some units with them to sell on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mused about some sort of convention/pandora gathering at some point.Maybe in the future when pandora batches are all done .

I suppose it might pass in the indie area of Eurogamer Expo. Don't know if that's specifically just for games though.

I'm not sure there will be room for us at a eurogamer expo once their writer's egos have been packed in to the room

I'd be up for London, especially since I could just step outside, though it best be in a large group because I just wouldn't be able to keep up with much of any technical conversation.

Drinking however, that I could do! As well as cooing over all the marvellous things everyone has managed to do with their Pandoras!

Drinking however, that I could do!

:) drunk dev fest 2011 here we come

I'm not a developer, but I can offer homebrewed beer. How about I bring the alcohol and you guys bring the code?

ballmer_peak.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to attend, so I hope its somewhere on the Continent.

Having been in attendance at R3play 2010, I'm fairly convinced that Pandoras would sell like hot cakes at R3play 2011.

I'm also convinced that fellow Pandorians would find the event highly enjoyable. Would love to see an official presentation there from OPT as well.

I'm up for it in London as well! (or anywhere in Europe) - we could even have regular meetings in pubs, if enough people are up for it. Something a bit like the XTC (eXtreme Tuesday Club, for practitionners of Extreme Programming - a bunch of guys with laptops in a pub, sharing geeky things)

http://xpday-london.editme.com/eXtremeTuesdayClub

Having been in attendance at R3play 2010, I'm fairly convinced that Pandoras would sell like hot cakes at R3play 2011.

I'm also convinced that fellow Pandorians would find the event highly enjoyable. Would love to see an official presentation there from OPT as well.

I was at r3play too, I didn't have any food and was completely plastered with an hour and a half. I found it disappointing though, I was expecting a lot more retro shopping rather than the one little shop with no prices on anything. There were so many things that could have been included, such as the retrode, the Caanoo, the Pandora, the Minimig. I dunno, it was a bit of a wet banana for me.

Also, Blackpool is the biggest shithole I have ever been to in my entire life, and I've been to Belgium.

Back