Pandora gets 256MB of RAM!

Truekaiser said:
let me repeat. is there a list of credit card brands that will be effected and will debt cards be?

no.

Truekaiser said:
what i need to know is if, i as a visa debit card holder will be effected

you'll know if you are affected when you'll receive an email telling you so: they started sending them yesterday and plan to announce when they have finished, probably around the end of this week

there is no list because the cards aren't affected by brand or any other easily listed thing; if I understood correctly it is a matter of whether the payment has been completed (on their side) by a certain date or not.

somebody has asked for a confirmation email "you won't receive the dreaded cc email" on the other forum, but I don't know if they are going to send it, probably it would take too much time from more important works.

Truekaiser said:
let me repeat. is there a list of credit card brands that will be effected and will debt cards be? the quote you posted only said one barely even relavent word on the topic. yes i know moving to the new bank was needed. what i need to know is if, i as a visa debit card holder will be effected and will i, as said card holder will have to go to the bank and tell them to allow a large deposit from a source that has not deposited in my account before.

I should have underlined:

"I just don't know, but we will write more about it once it's done."

sorry for that :)

finally, thank you for someone actually answering my question. instead of quoting a non related statement.

Truekaiser said:
finally, thank you for someone actually answering my question. instead of quoting a non related statement.
You get confused with the dates there, on nov 2 there was no more info than what I quoted.

Truekaiser said:
Someone does you a favor by posting information that you're too lazy to find yourself, and you get snippy because the information isn't posted exactly the way you want it. That goes so far beyond rude that there isn't even a word for it. If you would stop being willfully ignorant and go to where the information is, you wouldn't have to rely on others to bring that information from there to here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Truekaiser said:
Someone does you a favor by posting information that you're too lazy to find yourself, and you get snippy because the information isn't posted exactly the way you want it. That goes so far beyond rude that there isn't even a word for it. If you would stop being willfully ignorant and go to where the information is, you wouldn't have to rely on others to bring that information from there to here.

i read this entire thread and the one on the other forum linked from here about the situation as soon as i found out about it. at that time there was only one thread here(this one we are in right now) and the gp32x thread on the situation which did not shed any light on the situation.

Truekaiser said:
i read this entire thread and the one on the other forum linked from here about the situation as soon as i found out about it. at that time there was only one thread here(this one we are in right now) and the gp32x thread on the situation which did not shed any light on the situation.
You must have missed something.

I know information is not always easy to find, but it is there. If you cannot be bothered to look for it and request that it be pointed out, you could at least have the courtesy to be polite about it.

The pandora which is available on the first batch does that 256mb and 512mb nand.

If this is true the Sega Dreamcast emulator will run full speed, i want to see the dc emulation to be perfect on pandora.

sukhiextreme said:
The pandora which is available on the first batch does that 256mb and 512mb nand.

If this is true the Sega Dreamcast emulator will run full speed, i want to see the dc emulation to be perfect on pandora.

It is, because of how the boards are made they were able to add the ram upgrade to all 'consumer' boards.

And seeing as the PSP's main limitation is RAM and only a 333mhz CPU (DC games run at 1-3fps on it). With 900mhz (plus this new 256mb of ram, completely removing that as a limitation) and possible SGX acceleration 15fps + frameskip could give us playable DC emulation on the Pandora. But not perfect.

So they have changed the flash memory and nand memory, which makes pandora a better system than before,making dc on psp is useless having 1-3 fps games won't hardly move what a load of crap.

Pandora having monster specs this will make emulation for megadrive 32x,saturn,dreamcast,n64,jaguar a full speed with sound emulators a breeze, i must say this machine will be a killer for emulators

@sukhiextreme

if they get developed yes but else no, like dreamcast and n64 its not sure if these will run that great.

I only wanted pandora to play saturn,n64,dreamcast if this happens it will be great, if not i will very disappointed

You know that working emulators for the first two most likely aren't going to be available when you get it, and Dreamcast won't be playable for a while, months or perhaps years. Right?

I told you this in a different thread

saturn is probably not going to happen.

Back