Beta Pandora Hotfix 3 - Beta 2

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, thanks for your feedback!
I am happy to present you Beta 2 of the Hotfix 3 pack. As usual, you can install this one regardless whether you have any previous HotFixes installed or not - it will only do what needs to be done.

Now for the changes from Hotfix 3 Beta 1 to Beta 2:

* Automount: Fixed bug that the previous SD Label was reused when you insert a new SD Card without label
* Mass-Storage-Mode: Fixed devicename. Should now work with all normal systems and SD Cards.
* pnd_run-Script: Changed a few things to make it compatible with spaces in filenames (still needs some other fix). Thanks to Ivanovic.
* Kernel-Modules: Fixed installation of the USB Sound and Midi Modules and added TUN/TAN-Module
* Bluetooth-Script: Fixed save / restore settings on startup (thanks to urjaman)

So basically, the most important fixes were done in the automounter and SD Mass Storage script.
If you had problems with the old mass storage (like cards appearing as not-formatted, etc.), be sure to give this one a try!

You can download it here: HotFix 3 Beta 2

Be sure to report any more problems. If all works fine now, I'm gonna make this official :)

usb-audio is detecting my logitech audio hub 2.1 now, so that's awesome, just gotta figure out how to set it up as the audio output device now :p

sebt3: the modules in the kernel for MIDI are for MIDI i/o only - not for rendering of MIDI data (i.e. soft synthesis responding to MIDI events from a MIDI song file playback).

To get "MIDI playback capabilities", Timidity++ needs to be onboard and configured to receive events from a viable MIDI source. Thats not something to fix at the level of the BaseOS, necessarily - apps that need to render MIDI files to audio can include Timidity++ themselves and use it as a render target.

Hi all,

Sorry that my only contribution to the forum so far is a question (it's been so long since I registered that I had forgotten about it!) but I am still having problems unmounting SD cards, therefore mass storage mode doesn't work.

When I try to unmount a card I get the message "Cannot open /media/.hal-mtab"

If someone could tell me what I have done and how to fix it I would be very grateful.

EvilDragon said:
* pnd_run-Script: Changed a few things to make it compatible with spaces in filenames (still needs some other fix). Thanks to Ivanovic.

Either I'm slightly confused, or the copy line for this in update.sh is commented out...

Last edited by a moderator:
pootle said:
Hi all,

Sorry that my only contribution to the forum so far is a question (it's been so long since I registered that I had forgotten about it!) but I am still having problems unmounting SD cards, therefore mass storage mode doesn't work.

When I try to unmount a card I get the message "Cannot open /media/.hal-mtab"

If someone could tell me what I have done and how to fix it I would be very grateful.

The Mass Storage script will automatically unmount your card.
Unmounting using Thunar doesn't work yet, as Thunar uses HAL to unmount and we're using UDEV to mount and unmount.

tsh said:
EvilDragon said:

Either I'm slightly confused, or the copy line for this in update.sh is commented out...

Why? It's not yet compatible with spaces - as said, there is some other fix needed (in the libpnd) to make it work. But with the new pnd_run, it should work.

Last edited:
torpor said:
sebt3: the modules in the kernel for MIDI are for MIDI i/o only - not for rendering of MIDI data (i.e. soft synthesis responding to MIDI events from a MIDI song file playback).
Thanks for the clarification :) and that explain very well why aplaymidi didn't find any target ;)

ED, could you include the libs mentioned here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54831-minitube/page__view__findpost__p__883993
into the hotfix for the reason described there...

mcobit said:
ED, could you include the libs mentioned here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54831-minitube/page__view__findpost__p__883993
into the hotfix for the reason described there...

+1

Pnd_run.sh does all the work so that should fix that problem mostly

Pnd_run bin is run by people by hane, or for file associatiins .. So not such a big deal but ill fix it soon

Jeffphone

EvilDragon said:
The Mass Storage script will automatically unmount your card.
Unmounting using Thunar doesn't work yet, as Thunar uses HAL to unmount and we're using UDEV to mount and unmount.

Thanks for the reply ED, don't know where I got the idea that HAL would be working :unsure:

I have installed this hotfix and now my web browsers can no longer "look up" web sites. not sure what is going on...
I can connect to the WiFi fine but can not load a web page.

I installed it and vpnc (with --nodeps, otherwise it would still complain about needing kernel_module_tun or something). Works like a charm. I had to connect to my university WLAN manually though, stupid NetworkManager insisted of failing to connect.

If I install this hotfix while booted from SD will it update the SD firmware or does it update the NAND?

If it strictly writes to the NAND can we have an option of which boot device to update, sorry if my question is obvious.

xopher said:
If I install this hotfix while booted from SD will it update the SD firmware or does it update the NAND?
From what I've seen it writes to root device, so it'll go to card.

Just want to chirp in that I've installed it and it did not break anything afaik (stock pandora - only got it today - that had hotfix 2 on it)

I was under the impression however there was to be a dialog advising to reboot after applying this?
Did not see that.

hum, just got out of "sleep" ( power button thing) and now wifi is on but the led is not .
Known issue? Tried to search a bit but found that this supposed to be fixed , no?

With this speed, there will be already Hotfix 5 or 6 out when I have my Pandora. :) As more is fixed, that better it is.
But the Bug tracker still seems to be "frozen" and the "Network Manager - Wifi Can't Reconnect" is still there at place one (if you sort by Severity). Will this be included in this (next) Hotfix or is this Problem more complex? I guess it is the only bigger issue, that was left from the beginning (HW Acceleration here and there not counted as Bug) ^^

Back