Pandora in boyscout magazine

I8NY

I was flipping through a boyscout magazine (Boy's Life) and in the games section they had the Pandora! When I first saw the image I though it was a 3DS or something very similar to the Pandora but after reading the description it was indeed the Pandora. The image imposed on it doesn't show the correct games it can play but it does list the main features the Pandora does. I don't know if they ever tested it or did much thorough research besides what it can do but I think it is cool that the Pandora got in a magazine. I have a hard time seeing a kids magazine listing a game device that does need some PC knowledge (getting roms working) unlike the super easy DS and other devices.

pandora.jpg

Link to the full page image.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I should play games on my Pandora at my kid's cub scout meeting Thursday? Awesome.

Not sure why I got a flashback to the old SNL boyscout leader skit..

300_54814.jpg

pandora.jpg

Isn't the bit about it playing PC games a bit misleading, as many people think that means "games for modern pc running windows", which it doesn't

I just saw this in my nephew's copy and I guess am a little late to report it. It is cool though, I wonder if they had to get permission from Craig or ED to use the image?

I wonder if they had to get permission from Craig or ED to use the image?
you need permission to use an image that is on the web? people embed images from other sites without out permission. what about a computer catalog that has images of DELL, HP, and other brands, do they have to ask them every time to use a image of their product before printing? i have a strong feeling they don't need permission unless the image has some retail value.

Yes, you do need permission to use an image that was not created by and does not belong to you, regardless of where it is. It's been enshrined in law for an extremely long time. ;) Some countries have things like "fair use", and in others companies tend to overlook the use of such images for personal, non-commercial purposes.

In the cases of Dell, HP, and so on, they provide images specifically for the purposes of advertising, catalogues, reviews, and so on. I would wager that the Pandora image used in this publication is one of the ones which OpenPandora Ltd. has made available for this same reason - I seem to recall both a low-scale fuss long ago over declaring the rights for such an image for Wikipedia and its derivatives, and I also remember ED providing a set of press pictures for such purposes as well (you can still get those on the website).

Does it say anything about adding in false advertising, though? Because no soccer game on the Pandora will ever look that good.

At first i didn't believe it, but I went to the neighbors to look at their copy and their it was. Now we are going to get screaming kids in the community. <_<

Back