Pandora in Popular Science magazine

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
So I just got my copy of Popular Science Magazine and I flick to page 20 and what do I see, yep a double page spread on the Pandora. This time it's a good story , and in a actual printed mag. Well done guys, youre on your way.

There was also a mention in a different section of the the icontrolpad.

Here's some photos I took of the mag and article

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co...76675/lightbox/

I have a higher res photo that you can read, but posting images to this forum has got me stumped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I give up, If someone wants a high res image of the article, let me know how I can load it up here. Nothing seems to work for me.

Added the Popular Science Story as an attached file

IMG_5385.JPG

Awesome news! Hopefully there is a nice flood of in-coming peoples, and that they know what they are getting into well enough to make themselves home in the community.

Popular Science is a great magazine, stories are always well written.

I have had a subscription to the mag for a number of years. It comes out monthly. This was the Feb edition.

The article mentions Australia. Is this article in other versions for other countries or regions?

The article mentions Australia. Is this article in other versions for other countries or regions?
I can confirm that editions that come to Canada do NOT have this Pandora article. What a disappointment. They do have an icontrolpad.com mention on page 64 though.

OK, then I have to go to Barnes & Noble to figure out a US version, unless someone can confirm.

This is the Aussie edition of Popular Science. I'm not sure if the other countries have the same stories, I tried to look online but everytime I try to go to popsci.com it automatically redirects me to popsci.com.au .

Man I hate when web sites do that. I cant see where to change the country/region in the site. I did also note that the story does not appear yet on the online popsci.com.au only the printed version.

I emailed popsci.com.au about why I couldn't access the US popsci site and got the stupidest response. While it sort of makes sense , I can't help but think they are censoring the net by doing this. Check there response below:

"As you are probably aware, we are the Australian license holders for Popular Science. We pay a large royalty for popsci.com content. The popsci.com site has various subscription offers and other items for sale that are not offered outside the US.

As a result, we and the owners of popsci.com, Bonnier Corporation, do not want Australian browsers to be able to access the US site by default. We are currently publishing around 90% of the content on the US site, indeed everything various international image and text copyright agreements allow.

However, a resourceful user can still access the US site by means of a “web anonymizer” or VPN. You can Google these terms."

That's a pretty good response IMO. Region restricted content is widespread and stupid, yes - but not many companies will give you suggestions for getting around it!

Anyway, I'll try to find a copy of this.

I give them Kudos for the suggested work around, it's not the suggestion per say, it's the censoring of a whole site that annoyed me. It's not like they region restricted you from seeing certain content on the site like I have seen done before, they stopped you accessing the site full stop. That bugs me.

The magazine is available at any Aussie newsagent . It's about $10

Back