"pandora" Is One Of The Best Brand Names Of 2008

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
Naming and branding firm Pollywog Inc. has published its list of the 10 best and 10 worst brand names for 2008, and Pandora made the best list. The list was published in Twin Cities Business Magazine, and there is an online version of the article available. Just thought you guys might be interested. Pandora is mentioned at the top of the 2nd page.

Nice. Should be a good omen for 2009 :)
Edit:
Pandora
Pandora is the most powerful handheld video game console to date. When opened, the familiar “Pandora’s box” of Greek mythology unleashed untold evil upon the world—a nice connection to the unrivaled power of the platform, and an attractively subversive element for the gamer audience. “Pandora” also fits beautifully with the technology: The console’s operating system is based on Linux, an open-source code.

Holy hell, just saw the article. Nice Job guys. Someone has a connection.

:lol: I say it's a good thing ;)

They scored the brandname, not the product itself, so there is no point in linking somewhere, I think.

Username said:
So is the fact that they didn't post a link back to these forums a good thing or a bad thing?
A very good thing. I wonder how long it'll be before people start to google in here trying to figure out where to buy, does it run Dreamcast, and why doesn't it have an x86 processor?
On the other hand, it's probably a fairly non-notable article that no one that reads it will really care too much about the products themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmpf. The article's value is diminished by their claiming Touareg is a nonsensical name for a SUV.

Chip said:
Naming and branding firm Pollywog Inc. has published its list of the 10 best and 10 worst brand names for 2008, and Pandora made the best list. The list was published in Twin Cities Business Magazine, and there is an online version of the article available. Just thought you guys might be interested. Pandora is mentioned at the top of the 2nd page.

I have to say I am amazed in a very happy way about that - that is some achievement, especially when you look at the other terms in there. Huge credit to all concerned for creating this much buzz, largely out of thin air, some promises and a sound reputation for delivery...viral marketing at its best :ph34r:

IMHO links back to here wouldn't do a huge amount, you might get a little traffic and it may help with your Google ranking but generally the people reading that are unlikely to be interested in buying a Pandora but everything positive helps...

salasq said:
Hrmpf. The article's value is diminished by their claiming Touareg is a nonsensical name for a SUV.

Perhaps in Germany it makes sense, but in English "Touareg" is unpronounceable gibberish. Most people refer to it as "the one with the silly name", which really doesn't narrow it down too well for VW, who apparently learned product naming from the same book that Sarah Palin used to name her children.

Chip said:
salasq said:

Perhaps in Germany it makes sense, but in English "Touareg" is unpronounceable gibberish. Most people refer to it as "the one with the silly name", which really doesn't narrow it down too well for VW, who apparently learned product naming from the same book that Sarah Palin used to name her children.
:D

I thought "Track" was pretty cool... :blink:

Tuareg - yes, I know that I already hear it. It is an nation :)
---
For me seems nonsense blabbering about G1. It doesn't similiar with 3G acronym at all. It is similiar with F1 and that means really speed car. So G1, it is speed, chase, adrenalin (maybe that OS be stable sometimes :). And more, that can even means that G (read as Google) is #1. I don't want G1 phone and not plane to buying it.
---
edit: spelling

I'm really fed up with all the "i" stuff that's going around. Hopefully more people will recognize P as Pandora! (Whenever "i" is used in something, I think back to algebra 2 when "i" stood for "imaginary")

Chip said:
salasq said:

It always made sense to me, but then I know what Tuareg are ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg ); think Dakar Rally. Although, I'll admit, the VW spelling is unusual.

Back