Computer/electronics names!

I'm looking at a new machine so I can finally get into Minecraft and other things too heavy for my workhorse machines (both of which are laptops, one being more powerful than the other, but still not enough for this stuff). I've already picked its name ahead of time, which will be "Legion", after the headquarters of the Sage Trinity (who are equivalent to the world government, but boiled down to three people only) in Mega Man ZX Advent. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.
grin.gif

Lol! Yep, Ed wins the thread alright.

My friend and I have a little star wars theme after we met because we both owned a white eeepc 701. Then a year later she bought a new eee pc (which was black) thus she went to the dark side and hers was named Darth Vader and mine, LukeSkywalker.

My usb sticks all have various 'squashed' named (originally coming from some van ad I vaugely remeber about the van looking small but being 'not so squishy' -> picture a van filled with sumos). So if I remeber correctly I have a squishy, squashy, squeezy and squidgey.

My usb sticks all have various 'squashed' named (originally coming from some van ad I vaugely remeber about the van looking small but being 'not so squishy' -> picture a van filled with sumos). So if I remeber correctly I have a squishy, squashy, squeezy and squidgey.
A quick google reminds me of that ad too - it was the Mitsubishi canter, known in Japan as the 'FUSO Supertruck'. I'd embed the video, but I can't find the ad itself, just later ones that reference it.

A quick google reminds me of that ad too - it was the Mitsubishi canter, known in Japan as the 'FUSO Supertruck'. I'd embed the video, but I can't find the ad itself, just later ones that reference it.

I can't find it either, but I do remeber it was funny XD

Actually, I was planning on it being Cold Man, since he literally is a walking refrigerator. :lol:

To be honest, I'm not as surprised that you name your kitchen appliances after Mega Man characters as I am that you name your kitchen appliances.

So do you have anything around the house that's actually named Mega Man? And what about something named after me?

Actually, I was referring to my real name.

<username>-<general-hardware-name><number>

My laptop= austin-laptop0

My Pandora will either be austin-pandora0 or austin-laptop1.

Actually, I was planning on it being Cold Man, since he literally is a walking refrigerator. :lol:

To be honest, I'm not as surprised that you name your kitchen appliances after Mega Man characters as I am that you name your kitchen appliances.
:lol:

I actually don't - I was just taking your post and running with it. I strictly only assign hostnames to the computers.

Ok, giving this one a bump, hope nobody minds!

Why? I'm running through the next round of hostnames for upcoming hardware (all of which will be part of the first round of switching 99% of my computing over to ARM-based hardware).
grin.gif

I've assigned a name for my future Raspberry Pi Model B, and that's going to be "Model-W", after the Model W Biometal that's at the core of the Mega Man ZX series' plotlines. (It's also the Biometal held by the siblings, Prometheus and Pandora, so it's pretty relevant, for me. :p )

I'm still trying to come up with one for the Efika MX Smartbook, though (which I'm holding off on buying right now, since apparently a revised version is likely to be available at some point in the year). I never did use the name "Legion", after all that, I guess, but it just doesn't seem to fit this one... :p (Any other Mega Man players want to throw out any suggestions?)

Anyhow, we also have more members since the last time this thread was sighted, so come forward, guys - what are your computers' hostnames, and what themes do you use for them? :p

Our ISP's servers are all seem to be called -less for some reason. e.g. the spam filtering server is 'spamless'

Since I pieced together my first PC in 1991 or so I've called these pieced together computers as mutts.. So my network names have been THE_MUTT_7 etc.. Now I have so many I'm not sure what number I'm on.. so Now it's The_Mutt_Fedora or The_Mutt_Win7

Back