"pandora" Is One Of The Best Brand Names Of 2008

peca said:
Tuareg - yes, I know that I already hear it. It is an nation :)
---
For me seems nonsense blabbering about G1. It doesn't similiar with 3G acronym at all. It is similiar with F1 and that means really speed car. So G1, it is speed, chase, adrenalin (maybe that OS be stable sometimes :). And more, that can even means that G (read as Google) is #1. I don't want G1 phone and not plane to buying it.
---
edit: spelling

Yeah, I agree. The most annoying thing is that I'm 90% sure there has never been an Apple G1 or G2 which they moan on about. There were processors which were retrospectivly given those names, I believe (G1= Power 601), but Apple never referred to them as such. Check your facts guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
ben_dash said:
It always made sense to me, but then I know what Tuareg are ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg ); think Dakar Rally. Although, I'll admit, the VW spelling is unusual.

I think it's intentional, to avoid english-speakers mispronounce the 'u' in Tuareg, as they expected everyone knows how to pronounce the 'ou' combination. I think the overestimated their audience, though, should've gone with straight Twareg.

But then, fighting against mispronounciation is a lost cause - just ask Hyundai;)

Good to see attention on the pandora.
Fuck anyone to do with marketing though :)

Chip said:
salasq said:
Hrmpf. The article's value is diminished by their claiming Touareg is a nonsensical name for a SUV.

Perhaps in Germany it makes sense, but in English "Touareg" is unpronounceable gibberish. Most people refer to it as "the one with the silly name", which really doesn't narrow it down too well for VW, who apparently learned product naming from the same book that Sarah Palin used to name her children.
I guess it doesnt make sense. Dutch and german look a bit like each other and it is unpronounceable here.

Mithrildor said:
Chip said:
salasq said:
Hrmpf. The article's value is diminished by their claiming Touareg is a nonsensical name for a SUV.

Perhaps in Germany it makes sense, but in English "Touareg" is unpronounceable gibberish. Most people refer to it as "the one with the silly name", which really doesn't narrow it down too well for VW, who apparently learned product naming from the same book that Sarah Palin used to name her children.
I guess it doesnt make sense. Dutch and german look a bit like each other and it is unpronounceable here.

It's French.

Back