Pandora Keyboard Leyout And Fps Games?

Cew27

hey guys just wondering keys you will use for fps games sutch as quake 3 and open arena, i presume triggers for fireing ?
here is a layout (dont know if its an official one yet)
pandora_keyboard_plain.png

Cew27 said:
hey guys just wondering keys you will use for fps games sutch as quake 3 and open arena, i presume triggers for fireing ?
here is a layout (dont know if its an official one yet)
pandora_keyboard_plain.png
Umm analogue nubs to move and point, shoulder to shoot and run, and arrow buttons to sidestep?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess most people will map them similar to the controls for an xbox fps. i.e analogues for looking and movement, one trigger for fire and the other for alternate fire and then use the ABXY for jump, change weapon etc.

Geuben said:
I guess most people will map them similar to the controls for an xbox fps. i.e analogues for looking and movement, one trigger for fire and the other for alternate fire and then use the ABXY for jump, change weapon etc.
pretty much what i had in mind.

silly me ! forgot about the abxy buttons! haha
i was puzzled that there werent enough controls for gaming

Cew27 said:
Yea well I'd have the number keys assigned to weapons as in the original doom on the PC (still the only fps I really care about). Not sure what you mean by 'frag' though. Jump could also be mapped to up on the dpad, so you could sidestep and jump all with that pad.

abxy for movement and straf analog right for the aim and Y to shoot for gaming on table

Pleng said:
Yea well I'd have the number keys assigned to weapons as in the original doom on the PC (still the only fps I really care about). Not sure what you mean by 'frag' though. Jump could also be mapped to up on the dpad, so you could sidestep and jump all with that pad.
I think he means frag grenade. As original doom had different controls to modern day fps' then id prob have the controls a little different but for others id have the left nub for forward, backward, sidestep left, sidestep right and the right for mouse look. No need to have sidestep on the dpad.

Cew27 said:

:lol: It's a "computer with gaming controls", it was specifically designed to have good gaming controls.

TaG said:
:lol: It's a "computer with gaming controls", it was specifically designed to have good gaming controls.

I was going to say something about the vast amount of keys and the obvious dedicated gaming controls but chose to refrain.

You know when I read the title of this thread I forgot for a second about the analog nubs and was thinking of using WASD. :eek:

I'm going to use "L (keyboard)" to move forward, "2" to move back, "X (keyboard)" to shoot, left shoulder to jump, and leave the rest to chance.

Simple: D-pad moves, trigger fires, stylus aims, other keys jump, crouch, change weapons, etc.

You guys are apparently not the same kind of FPS gamer I am.

WASD for movement, USB mouse for aiming. Hell yeah.

ShyGuy said:

Yeah I agree, mini usb mouse for aiming possibly with a portable keyboard for movement/etc. But tbh I don't see myself using this machine for fps's, portable consoles just aren't really made for them. Its more for classic type games or games that don't require fast reactions after all, you're not going to be seriously playing a shooter on the bus are you.

flatmush said:
ShyGuy said:

Yeah I agree, mini usb mouse for aiming possibly with a portable keyboard for movement/etc. But tbh I don't see myself using this machine for fps's, portable consoles just aren't really made for them. Its more for classic type games or games that don't require fast reactions after all, you're not going to be seriously playing a shooter on the bus are you.

Well if I was on a bus I'd probably use analog sticks or the touch screen (depending on what was supported). But if I was in a hotel? You can bet your ass I'd fire up some Quake 2.

(and subsequently, Kid Icarus or EarthBound)

Haven't you heard, they're adding a feature where you can hook your Pandora up to your brain, and control it with your mind. Way to keep up with the times.

I am going to buy

this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7980,
this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5,
and this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1066

and I will use 4568 to move 79123/scroll to reload and switch weapons, Enter to jump, mouse to look and shoot

thats the way to game. however, If I had to use the pandora, then numbers to cycle weapon, dpad and left nub to move, right nub to look, face buttons to jump, reload, melee, etc. L & R to shoot. Maybe R to shoot and L to zoom

Back