Pandora mascot?

MarTinazzI

I've been wondering what would be the mascot of our Pandora, culturally whole linux distribution has to have a mascot, but all we have is our logo, no striking character, it would be very interesting for future applications.
Any tips on it?

MarTinazzI, rafael.​

There were some characters designs done back on gp32x days. IIRC, none ever really "stuck".

I don't think it's really essential, even more when first day pre-orderers are still waiting their pandora...

Apple has the Apple Logo and had Clarus the Dog Cow.. Microsoft has the Windows Logo and the annoying paperclip ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Letz make the Avatarpicture from Evildragon transform to a Mini Puppet ;)

photo-1.jpg

I don't know, but a "cute" cartoon like mario, sonic or another great idol, will be good.

A lot of people call your pandora by Pandy, any idea about a Panda mascot?

The dragon from EDs sig seems good :)
A dragon is a great idea and a beautiful tribute to the ED.

Windows and Macs don't have a mascot and they live fine without it.

About Microsoft mascot, paperclips is the dead mascot of MS.
Apple inherits your from do BSD (indirect).

It is not the fact that we can live very well without a mascot, but because it would be cool to have a character to represent us and act in our applications.

MarTinazzI, Rafael.​

It is not the fact that we can live very well without a mascot, but because it would be cool to have a character to represent us and act in our applications.

MarTinazzI, Rafael.​
I don't really understand what's cool about having a mascot. Tux is not really appealing, for example.

Why do you need a mascot in the first place? do you suffer from identity crisis? You want to make goods out of it?

MarTinazzI, Rafael.​
I don't really understand what's cool about having a mascot. Tux is not really appealing, for example.

Why do you need a mascot in the first place? do you suffer from identity crisis? You want to make goods out of it?
Just: "Why not?"

And why you hate mascot?

MarTinazzI, Rafael.​

MarTinazzI, Rafael.​

Just: "Why not?"

And why you hate mascot?

MarTinazzI, Rafael​
You're free to make one but it doesn't mean people will want it.

I don't like mascots because it's childish and it serves no clear purpose, and reminds me of American Football and stupid sports in general, with a bunch of people yelling, cursing at the other team and drinking beer.

I'd rather see an improved Pandora 2 design than any time spent/wasted on creating a mascot. But it's a free world, do what you like.

The earplugs aren't the main problem, I think she could do with some sessions with a chiropractor.

Or even with some surgeons to fix her spinal column… :D

Back