Pandora on ac alone

badcloud

I understand that some of the previously built pandoras could not run on ac power alone

Is this something which might pop up in remaining Batch 1 / Batch 2 devices?

It work for me.. but I've been told it could be dangerous putting in the battery while running with the pandora plugged in.

yeah, don't plug in the battery while the Pandora is running. It's bad.

It's an undocumented feature. If it works or not is totally random and can not be controlled by OPT in any way.

Yet I don't remember anyone reporting his Pandora doesn't work without battery.

I do remember one person saying it didn't work for them. If it doesn't work, it's probably a really low number, like 1% or so, that can't run on AC only. Enough to discuss it among the forums unofficially as a feature, but still not enough for OPT to list it as a feature.

It's an undocumented feature. If it works or not is totally random and can not be controlled by OPT in any way.
I do remember one person saying it didn't work for them. If it doesn't work, it's probably a really low number, like 1% or so, that can't run on AC only. Enough to discuss it among the forums unofficially as a feature, but still not enough for OPT to list it as a feature.

I'd really like to see this as an official feature

I think the biggest concern with having it officially known it can run on AC alone is that putting the battery back in the Pandora when it's running on AC alone could damage the Pandora.

Whoah, time-warp! :p

Anyway...

I'd really like to see this as an official feature
My understanding is that it's not for the OpenPandora team to declare to be an official feature, so much as Texas Instruments declaring it an official feature of the SoC used. I'm pretty sure that it won't happen.

Back