Pandora on Slashgear

There have certainly been over 3000 units shipped, because we have less than 1000 parts remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
ED did mention CC had a 25% failure rate. Can't remember if that was overall or just since they were trying to use the corroded boards.

The biggest problem currently is the pandora avaibility. I'm sure that when the pandora will be available for 7 days and everyone will be sure it's not a scam a lot more people will buy it.

And more people = more devs = more killing apps = even more people.

I'm sure this year is the good one for the pandora :)

yep, and 10k will sell fast for sure.

I have been thinking of making a dragon themed code competition gfxs for that exact reason, but had not a chance to fully research the subject yet to come up with an idea.

There have certainly been over 3000 units shipped, because we have less than 1000 parts remaining.

I see this but what I am stuck thinking is no one will tell me how soon it's my turn. I ordered Oct 5th, 2008 and stuck with it through the refund/repay via wire transfer. So if I was within the first 4000, and over 3 years many people have cancelled and I should have moved up quite a bit. About a year ago when things were looking to be shipping again (one of the times) I got an updated queue number of 1500-1600, which I understand only applies to orders (not unit numbers) ordered through Craig's shop. Then we find out this number means absolutely nothing because no one will tell us anything about what queue number is shipping or how many units are shipping per queue/order number.

All people (that haven't gotten a unit yet) have been wanting to know for 3 years is something like: there are 300 units shipping to 200 people ahead of you. I understand the 'premium' linejumpers might have pushed me back and while I might not agree with it I do understand your position. It just seems like we should be farther through the queue than we are with respect to order times given the numbers. The current status page lists 1300 paid preorders left batch 1 + 2 and for as much as I watch the forums I have a hard time beliving that there shouldn't be at least 1300 people now behind me in line. I guess I just tire of numbers that don't match up and no one that will fully set the record straight. I haven't received any unsolicited information via email since the refund/repay.

To clarify, it's just 1300 people that wish they knew when they are going to get their unit once production starts up again other than 'not yet', or you are 1600 out of we don't know how many with we don't know how many ahead of you.

...and I'm not even going to try to think about the RMAs factoring on this..

Hmmm, maybe this queue number / shipping number discussion should be split into its own topic?

Drenyx - you're not alone. Waiting until 3/10/2008 to order the Pandora (4 days after pre-ordering started) has meant a difference in delivery time of years vs ordering the first day. Getting told my approximate queue postition 1250-1350 in May 2010 made me assume that when things seemed to start up again with the premium orders that mine would be coming pretty soon so there was no need to upgrade my order .. and here I am still waiting a year later.

I know all the reasons and I know Craig and Michael are doing everything they can, but I am not going to tell anybody 'yes it's coming soon' because it's been over 3 years now. Anyone I have told about it before thinks I'm insane to have kept waiting so long.

I think we MUST be insane (waiting since October 7th 2008)...

I ordered it the day my 3 yo daughter was born, have updated my address to China for an 18 months relocation which is ending in 6 months...

I just hope I get it while I still have the mental capacity to use it.. :p

Well, I wouldn't tell anyone it's coming soon until we really see that production is running smoothly from mid February on.

Although I'm optimistic :D

You my friend, are the sole reason my money is still yours!

your optimism and will to go on are an inspiration.

I'm with you to the end.

Hopefully it's not that far.

lol yes thats true the mayan callander wasnt meant to end in 2012 but they never got round to updating their calenders cos they dont exist anymore :p

The Mayan calendar thing is like Y2K, without the computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt the mayan calendar based on the fact that all of the planets of this galaxy will align, or the stars of whatever. its not just some random date where they ended, and the calendar wasnt written based on randomness, but actually counting the way the earth revolved and rotated, and that the point of the calendar wasnt to have a calendar, but to find out when all these planets/stars would align through science and math?

Back