Pandora Origanls

23k8ahz.png

A better version of that?

Sorry for blur, I was lazy :D

How about "A Pandoriganl" something a bit easier to say, not that origanl(s) is easy to say.So maybe just " A Pandoriginal" (for those who would NOT get the joke.

Speaking of Python...does anyone have any recent info as to how soon it'll show up, or if anyone said they'd work on a port? Or Maybe it's part of Angstrom already?

I'm trying to check the package list at angstrom-distribution.org but it doesn't seem to be working. And the pandora wiki just lists it as a possibility. It showed up soon enough for the GP2X IIRC but I figured maybe somebody here knew something more recent.

Time is tight but I've been trying to pick away at asteroids clone where the bad guys are the heads of classic scary movie villians...maybe call it "Nosferoids" :D

All pygame of course. Also, will I have to worry about avoiding floats on the Pandora? What about using LUTs for trig?

edit: finally came up, looks like python's there, but I don't have time to sit through another search so maybe someone can be a dear and confirm that pygame is too. :)

I've got Python running just fine on my beagleboard, and if it works there, it's almost guaranteed to work on the Pandora.
I'm working on getting the pygame package built as well (having a bit of issue with depenencies, but almost got it), but I've never used pygame so don't know what to do with it. Is there any game in particular you want me to download and try?

Thanks WizardStan. You don't have to go to any further trouble on my account, I was just curious and that basically answered my question. But if you need something to test pygame with, I can suggest this game:
http://www.pygame.org/project/779/

I was trying to port to gp2x because it looked really simple but it ran slowly and it looked like it'd be too much work to rectify that.
It's probably a good one to test with because it's a single file, (sprites are base64 encoded) and it doesn't import anything besides pygame and the stuff in the standard library. I don't think it uses sound though.

There's a lot of of stuff on pygame.org, some of it is very good and I bet a lot of the authors wouldn't mind if people ported their games.

Xian Long said:
Poem58 said:
How about "A Pandoriganl" something a bit easier to say, not that origanl(s) is easy to say.So maybe just " A Pandoriginal" (for those who would NOT get the joke.

like this? :p
origanls.png

ha ha, good enough. However, the inside joke isn't going to work in the long run I'd imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
rokdcasbah said:
Thanks WizardStan. You don't have to go to any further trouble on my account, I was just curious and that basically answered my question. But if you need something to test pygame with, I can suggest this game:
http://www.pygame.org/project/779/

I was trying to port to gp2x because it looked really simple but it ran slowly and it looked like it'd be too much work to rectify that.
It's probably a good one to test with because it's a single file, (sprites are base64 encoded) and it doesn't import anything besides pygame and the stuff in the standard library. I don't think it uses sound though.

There's a lot of of stuff on pygame.org, some of it is very good and I bet a lot of the authors wouldn't mind if people ported their games.
A window popped up, and then it died with the error "unable to read font filename". The font in question does exist, it looks like it's just not finding it for some reason. I don't know enough about Python to figure it out right now, but all signs point to it working, just as soon as someone packages it up properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear, WS, and thank you for checking it out.

I may have been wrong about the game being a single file...judging from the code I think you need the TTFs in the same path.
pygame.font.Font takes either a filename or a python file object and those names don't have any paths in front of them.

Does hardware floating point work in python?

Back