Pandora Os Snippet 3

Hard to say, as I can't play Street Fighter with any sticks or pads (I'm not into fighting games and can't memorize combos :D )
But it feels very good and should be very sturdy.

You dont know what you're missing ED!! Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Street Fighter 3, that D pad is gonna take a pounding! :ph34r:

The vids are coming fast and furious tonight, should we be expecting anymore? ;)

jonlad1 said:
The vids are coming fast and furious tonight, should we be expecting anymore? ;)

Not from me, got more work to do and it's already 1:15am here :D

I think the next video you'll get from me is probably next week the OS with included PMenu :)

Last edited:
I dont blame you.

You've done well and made a lot of people very happy today! :D

Would be nice with a weird one from Craig to balance things up from ED's pedagogic and informative ones.
I really dig Craig's weird/funny ones. Running around in a field while playing Pet Shop Boys(if a recall correctly). It doesn't get any better than that.

Is it possible to place pnd files in user created folders, say "Emulators" and have a folder called "Emulators" pop up on the desktop with everything I've placed inside them?

What about moving the mouse with the nubs? Is that being worked on?

DasFool said:
Is it possible to place pnd files in user created folders, say "Emulators" and have a folder called "Emulators" pop up on the desktop with everything I've placed inside them?

That wouldn't make sense, as you could simply put symlinks of the binaries into your folder and run them instead ;)

The idea behind .PND files is that you DON'T need to sort them. They have the category included so they sort themselves automagically.

Put an emulator in .PND format onto the card, and it appears in the Emulators Menu.

Last edited:
Alec  said:
Yes, it's being worked on. Also see post #40 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
Alec  said:
Yes, it's being worked on. Also see post #40 :)
I guess I should have refreshed the page before posting :p

DasFool said:
I don't think so, not right now. If I recall correctly, the search path is configurable, but everything either goes in the menu (categorized, of course (so you could make a games/emulators category (or just a straight up emulators category))) or as direct links on the desktop.
I'm sure if that feature is desired enough, someone will figure out how to do it, but I don't think it makes any sense to.

MonkeyChops said:
great video, terrible news.

bittersweet...

I loved the d pad action, it looks like controlling the os is gonna be smooth and easy. Can't wait.

My prayers go out to no_skill's family.

Mine as well, I'll add his family to my prayer list.

To be specific..

Put pnds you want in menu in /pandora/menu
and for desktop, put them in /pandora/desktop

if you want to use another distro, just add the libpnd good bits (pndnotifyd etc) and voilà!

Jeff on phone

Oh, he using different paths.. Mustve changed configuration to work around some bugs I added recently... Nice one ED, saving my ass again :)

Hey ED, do you think that XFCE can be configured so that you can push one of the center buttons (Start/Select/Pandora logo) and have the menu pop up? It would make it so that any program could be launched without using the touchscreen.

EDIT: Configured that way by default in the launch firmware - I know that it's possible.

Yes, that should be possible.
Also, is there a default icon for .pnd files besides the one used in that video? I know most apps will have their own icons, but it would be nice for some sort of Pandora(hardware) logo or something.

Tensuke said:
Yes, that should be possible.
Also, is there a default icon for .pnd files besides the one used in that video? I know most apps will have their own icons, but it would be nice for some sort of Pandora(hardware) logo or something.

That was on his desktop in KDE - he was just showing the layout of the SD file system using his computer because it's much easier than trying to do it on the Pandora, I'm sure.

I'm working on a daemon rightnow that will let you map keys/events to scripts, so we can pop up the xfce menu, go to low powermode when the lid closes, etc; configurable ofcourse

as to folderizing .desktop files on the desktop, it isnot currently supportedbut I've futzes with a few options. I'm sure someone will hack it in eventually

jeff

edit: ppl can put icons fortheir pnd files, otherwise the desktop env will use a default

Back