Pandora + Pc + Dosbox

logokas

Still Fresh
So there have been alot of speculation about DOS games on the Pandora. I'm not here to speculate, however.

I know most of you Pandora enthusiasts are old school / retro gamers, so the old days of Keen, Dangerous Dave and the like is probably nothing short from awesome.

The list of such games is huge, and seeing as most of them is abandonware already, they're also widely available. I myself will expect to be able to play Ignition ( You know, that small little 3D racing game that beat every other car game in existence at the time, because it had neat cars, nice tracks and most importantly, awesomest nitro ever. ) along with CyberDogs, a bit of Scorched Earth, Lotus 3 and probably even Wolfied, whenever i get a hold of it again.

What will you, oldie gamers, be playing on the Pandora using DOSBox?

I must say, i'm with you on the most part. I remember playing CyberDogs with my brother, and him shouting "JONES IS DOWN!" every time i died.. Ah, childhood..

Jazz Jackrabbit. I've got Jazz CD sitting on my desk waiting to be run on the Pandora, in fact. :D

I would die of happiness if Pandora can play HoMM2 with sound at decent speeds. That's probably a pipe dream though.

The old Wing Commander games, especially Privateer. They might work. Also:

-the first Dune game

-Black Thorne

-One Must Fall 2097

-Mystic Towers

-Monster Bash

-Dark Heart of Uukrul

I'm gonna stop now. Dosbox is gonna be kickass.

If we can get OMF to run, it will be amazing.
Betrayal at Krondor/Warcraft with the touchscreen

It's gonna be awesome especially since we have the dynamic core.

Settlers 2 Gold Edition (I know it need a 486/66 minimum, But i can dream, Can`t i ?). :D
Failing that, Even the original Settlers would suffice, Which needs a 386/25 if i my memory serves me well.
Command and conquer: Red Alert would be great too.

Trooper

Gruso said:
slaanesh said:
. . . if it's fast enough X-Wing and Tie-Fighter.

Oh hell yeah.

I remember trying Tie-Fighter on my iBook which was running DosBox (back when it was still G4 800Mhz).
I don't think this wasn't using the dynamic-recompiler.
But I do remember being disappointed with the speed at the time. :(

How will Pandora compare to this? I don't know but portable DOS Box with a built in keyboard is one of the reasons I want a Pandora in the first place.

So I'm just going to remain optimistic and hope that the dyna-rec will provide the necessary speed boost.

I'm guessing that 286 arcade games and low-end 386 strategy/turn based games will most likely be the limit of Pandora's capabilities.

Man I loved X-wing and Tie Fighter and then later on X Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

Suggestion: watch Star Wars or Empire whilst playing either of these for total immersion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back