Beta Pandora Pool Panic Beta

Unfathomable Depths said:
Included my PXML files so someone might talk a look at them and perhaps point out wtf I'm doing wrong when trying to create a .PND for this. It creates the .PND, it shows on the desktop but when you try to run it it starts but crashes back to desktop as if it isn't finding the game files (I think)

I'm by no means an expert on PNDs (still getting to grips with them myself) but what I have found with an app I compiled myself is that the bugger is looking for the game data/fonts/configuration files in Pandora/APPDATA/YOURAPPNAME which in your case would be "PandoraPoolPanic.jimmcleod".

In my case I had to copy over all my dirs and files to that specific appdata directory to get it to run. In other words, it doesn't look in the directory where the .pnd is, it looks in appdata. Hope this helps.

I'm still investigating this myself because I want my app to just run from where it is and be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lobo I'll give that a try later :)

That's a bit of a pain, and isn't it wasteful too? Does this mean I would need two copies of all my game files? One where I would normally keep them then another set I need to copy across to pandora/appdata/etcetc?

Actually I tried my theory with your game, and it's confirmed: if I copy all the stuff to the newly (automatically) created appdata directory then it runs from the menu like any other app.

I'm sure there must be a way of not duplicating everything, and I bet it's some silly little parameter in the pxml.xml or something, but I haven't got it yet.
Maybe some PND expert will stop by this thread and fill us in?

I am an idiot.

One of my filename extensions was in upper case. While the normal Pandora file system didn't seem to mind squashfs did not like it. Windows guys eh ;)

Here is the beta .pnd - hopefully finish it this week. It wont save or load high scores/best times yet.

PoolPanic.pnd

Dpad - cursor control
X - shoot (hold to increase power then release to shoot)
START - erm, start
ESC (fn+Q) - quit

Unfathomable Depths said:
One of my filename extensions was in upper case. While the normal Pandora file system didn't seem to mind squashfs did not like it. Windows guys eh ;)
I think the only file system used on the Pandora that doesn't mind would FAT32, i.e. a Windows* file system ;-)

* OK, MS-DOS. Same difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back