Pandora Red Light Flashing

umrotzer

Still Fresh
Hey Guys,

at first srry for my bad english. so and now my problem.

my pandora won't boot. i plug in the psp charger and wait and wait but the only think that hapens, is that on the left led site (the third led from left) flashes red. sometimes long some times short with little breaks. someone know why? it's the first pandora i think.

The battery indicator is on the right hand side, but it's the third LED from left there, so I assume that's what you meant.

On my Pandora at least, that charge LED doesn't come on if I charge from boot - that is the power LED (green, rightmost) comes on but nothing else. It's only once it reaches 100%, drops to 80% and then starts charging again that it will turn it on.

i wait since 1 - 2 h, the battery (in my opinion) is insert correctly. i also used a wall usb charger and the same was happend

In my experience, Pandora batteries often need a little coaxing (with little folded bits of paper) to reliably maintain a connection for any length of time.

You could try unplugging the Pandora, removing the battery cover and holding the battery in with your fingers so that you're sure it's making contact, and plugging the Pandora back in to see if the green light comes on.

Then, remove the battery and power jack. The pandora should shut down now, pretty abruptly (but that's fine). Now, don't reinsert the battery until you have unplugged the Pandora, for safety.

ok i done what you sad but same like befor. i hold it for about 10 -15 min but online the 3rd led left flashed red

Maybe is the psp charger that not supply enough current. Not all psp chargers are compatible.

You could try to charge via usb.

I do not know the error, what you describe is very strange. I can only make a suggestion: remove the battery and wait 30 minutes. This should allow all settings to be completely reset.

ok i done what you sad but same like befor. i hold it for about 10 -15 min but online the 3rd led left flashed red
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying exactly - perhaps your spell-checker has replaced 'only' with 'online' then it would make sense.

The procedure I proposed should indicate almost as soon as you connect the power whether it's a battery connection issue or not - the green light far right should turn on, indicating the system is booting up (or online, if you leave it long enough). If that doesn't happen, as it sounds, the cause could be anything from merely a broken power LED to software corruption to a duff battery or probably any number of other issues. I'm afraid the test I suggested hasn't narrowed down the options much.

If you want to test this further before admitting defeat, simply having the lid open while repeating the test and observing whether the LCD lights up should eliminate the possibility that your power LED is broken, unless your LCD cable is also browen, in which case it's definitely a situation where you should send it for repair. To eliminate software corruption, I guess holding down the R shoulder button while applying power should also light the screen without depending on the software OS (and bring up the boot menu). If your battery is broken, there are ways to bypass the battery and run purely off the charger port, as documented in the hackers guide, but that's also cause for sending it for repair.

In short, if you can't get the LCD panel to light with the lid open and with the battery securely held and power applied via the charging port and the R shoulder button held, you're probably better off sending your unit for repair - it's beyond the scope of anything I could suggest you try out from here to repair it yourself.

I have a PSP charger also, the adapter does not make very  good connection and I need to rotate the adapter plug until it makes connection, then leave it as it is, and not touch it until it is charged (which does not succeed often). I just gave up after a month and bought a new adapter with the pandora plug.

Maybe you have the same problem. Rotate the plug until the redlight goes from blinking to bright and continous red. Or use the mini usb slave to charge.

ok i also done rotate trick and usb. usb = nothing, psp = only flashing but the battery gets warm. 

and if i look right on the wiki the led (thats flash on my pandora) is the wifi led, because the power and load led is on the right side.

so i think i send it to repaire

Yes, that sounds for the best. The wifi LED should definitely not be coming on without the rest of the system receiving power. It is very sad, I'm sorry for the trouble. These kinds of major faults are rare.

When sending it in for repair, make sure to use the correct form: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/contact-us

This will allow EvilDragon to track the problem and make sure it gets repaired and sent back quickly.

@ first thx @ all and yes us dragonbox. i also have another panodra at ingolstadt and now the second ^^

Back