Pandora Specific XFCE Theme?

I just watched Video Per Day 11 and it looked like ED was having a little trouble hitting some of the scrollbars with the stylus, as well as the XFCE menu items.

Do we have a Pandora-specific XFCE theme that provides wider (easier to hit with a stylus or finger) scroll bars and XFCE menu entries? If not, does anyone have any recommended XFCE themes that feature such larger chrome?

Granted, I'll probably use MiniMenu most of the time (or just Emacs), but it's a decent UI concern.

So far there are no specific ones, but as I understand it all of the "touchable" on-screen options can be modified somewhere in the settings. There have been posts about it in this past year and I think a vid too. I have no sources though, so don't quote me.

im curious too, i heard everything would be customizable, this was a long time ago, however im also wondering if eventually the posibility of full customization will be available in the future i.e. using the stylus to draw your own unique scroll bar arrows, coloured scroll bars themselves that look like the chain in heretic or something? I WOULD LOVE THIS LEVEL OF A PERSONALLY CREATING YOUR OWN UI

EDIT: sry to piggy back on your post

Last edited by a moderator:
So far there are no specific ones, but as I understand it all of the "touchable" on-screen options can be modified somewhere in the settings. There have been posts about it in this past year and I think a vid too. I have no sources though, so don't quote me.
I'll quote you, though, because you're quite right. ;) This thread and this thread are relevant here.

@pokitfoxx - The term for that is "skinning" or "theming". This might give you a headstart on it. :)

Well, it's easier than it looks on the videos.

To stay in focus, I have to hold the Pandora directly in front of the camera and are looking at the LCD with a 45° angle off - that makes it easy to miss things with a stylus.

It is possible to make the bars, etc. bigger and some like that, I however prefer it small :)

im curious too, i heard everything would be customizable, this was a long time ago, however im also wondering if eventually the posibility of full customization will be available in the future i.e. using the stylus to draw your own unique scroll bar arrows, coloured scroll bars themselves that look like the chain in heretic or something? I WOULD LOVE THIS LEVEL OF A PERSONALLY CREATING YOUR OWN UI

EDIT: sry to piggy back on your post

PokitFoxx, if you're interested, you can always just head to XFCE Look.org, download one of the themes, and hack it up to your liking (extract the zip file and modify the gtkrc file as you see fit). If it's a GPLed theme, you can even redistribute your customizations.

Well, it's easier than it looks on the videos.

To stay in focus, I have to hold the Pandora directly in front of the camera and are looking at the LCD with a 45° angle off - that makes it easy to miss things with a stylus.

ED, you should have someone record you recording a video. That'd be a fun piece of metavideo history.

I think we definitely need better looking XFCE themes for the Pandora, the default is very bland and looks too much like Windows95. I guess some people would like that as their first PC might have run win95, that does make sense. Looking at a few of the themes on XFCE Look.org it is almost embarrassing to have people that don't know about the Pandora see the default theme.

There was a cool thread on the other forum where people posted screenies of their Pandora desktop, some of them were different and had really nice themes. Maybe we should start that over here? :)

You have something like that in todays' video ;)
Syntax police: today's, as the video belongs to today not todays (can't have more than one today :p )

An apostrophe AFTER the ess is used when the word ends with an ess. James' toy. The Jones' Pandora. (Gosh it's hard to keep up with them).

Disclaimer: I say this for your betterment not in any way as a criticism.

I really like the XFCE theme I'm using. I think it's called "Salt Lake." There was a second option to make the title bar green.

Syntax police: today's, as the video belongs to today not todays (can't have more than one today :p )

An apostrophe AFTER the ess is used when the word ends with an ess. James' toy. The Jones' Pandora. (Gosh it's hard to keep up with them).

Disclaimer: I say this for your betterment not in any way as a criticism.

Etiquette police: It is best to correct others in private.

Yes, I agree with what you say. But some people could be offended. I'm only poking fun, of course. After all, I broke my own rule.

Well, that's good. Kindly disregard my comments.

Back on topic: I don't have my Pandora yet, but I use XFCE, so I have a screenie or two of my desktop somewhere.

would it be possible if someone could make a version of lucidity that "just works" with the pandora and tell me where to put the files? that theme is the shizzle :)

Back