Pandora still in repair

Gilles

Still Fresh
Hi,

I've sent my Pandora for repair back in August 2020.
After a few messages exchange from dragonbox's ticket system, I received a last message on october 9th 2020.
I've sent a reply on november 9th 2020, then another message on march 25th 2021 and on may 25th 2021.
I thought the ticket was too old so I created a new one in june 10th 2021.
I still have no answer.

I know @EvilDragon is very busy with Pyra production and I don't want to harass him, but Id' like to know where my Pandora is and when I will see it again.
As a first batcher, I've waited a long time to get it the first time. I'm patient, but I'd like to have at least some news.
Since I've sent my Pandora for repairs, I've moved to a new place and I don't even know if it will be sent back to my new adress.

Please, can I get some news? It will almost be a whole year since I sent it.

Gilles.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I remember, the unit didn't want to boot reliably or at all... I know I tried to repair it, and if it had been a straightforward repair, I would've shipped it back right away.

At the moment it's sitting in a box buried somewhere in the too small office - and as you know, we're moving into a bigger storage space, and a lot is packed up for moving.

So the problem right now is that I don't remember what the issue was and I don't have access to the unit... so I can't really give a reply on the status.
If it didn't want to boot anymore... then there probably isn't much I could do though.

Hi EvilDragon,

thanks for the update. That's all I was asking for. Standby is a status.
I know you're very busy and I really appreciate what you're doing with the Pyra. I can imagine it takes a lot of your time and I don't think you'll be making a lot of money out of it (and please, I don't want this topic to generate any debate on the subject. Those who are not happy with Pyra's price don't have to buy one. For my part, I'll wait till I can afford one).
My intention was not to make you look bad. I just remembered a message on this forum saying you didn't always had the time to look at tickets and that a post in the forum had more chance of being answered.
I can easily imagine all the time and dedication you've put all these years. I admire and respect that.

All I'm asking for is to see my Pandora back one day. According to ticket number 7742, it did boot, but not every time.
So please, can you acknowledge in ticket 7742 that you've updated my address (my new address is in the last message)?
And when all the rush and stress of the Pyra production (and the storage change that I wasn't aware of) is past and you've taken a little break, can you look into my Pandora?
I know it won't last forever and there are other solutions nowadays (the Pyra being a good one). But if I could boot it up (even if it's not always easy) from time to time for a little nostalgia, I'd be happy.

Thank you.

Gilles

Hello everyone,

I'm digging this up because I'm still waiting to get my Pandora back.
Apparently, I can't post what I intended (I got the message "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.")
So I will try to post a screen capture in the next message.
Post automatically merged:

Here is what I have to say:
1664097059517.png

I have a few Pandora's and a long history of repairs with ED. My take on this is that the standard repairs are handled quickly and automatically. The harder ones that might be unrepairable are sometimes being pushed back and he hopes to handle them when he has some more time (or he needs spare parts).
One of my Pandora's was like that and after a long time of radio silence I've sent him a few kind reminders (a few months between every reminder - I know the guy is busy) and finally we agreed he would send it back unrepaired. Seems similar to your situation but you also had an address change and ED was moving. That might cause additional disruptions in the standard process.
Recently sent a Pandora for repair and it was handled very quickly while I even mentioned I was not in a hurry.

I don't think the forum is the best method to reach out to him. He can be pinged with Telegram / Whatsapp via the dragonbox site. Seems like the ticket system isn't used anymore. Just send him a friendly reminder and keep the discussion out of the forum would be my advise.

Well, I can understand that having a busy ED and moving to the new location could bury the Pandora. But I agree that waiting this long for a repair is being really patient.
Probably good to get try to get in contact with the suggestions from b_o_b.

I had the same experience, after different mails and PMs without response I wrote on the forum and he finally told something.
In the end I got back the Pandora inside a package with other things I ordered from the store.
I sent it to change the LCD cable and a NUB, and it returned not only with those changes but with also a new case (mine was a little broken) and a spare battery.

Only two years?
Quiete new here eh?

No seriously. There is not much you can do here, he is busy like fuck and the only one who could do such repairs.
Yes i know the feel of dealing with this side of his business.
But you just have to understand that this nieche device produces way too much work to be handled in any sane timeframe.
Its one the same level as some rare oldtimer sports car you send in for restoration. These specialized mechanics let you wait years too.

He had mine for 7-8 months for an LCD cable repair, he was straight out in 1GHZ pandora production then and it took a reminder.

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers.

@b_o_b : I know the forum might not be the best way to talk to ED about this. I started this thread because someone in another thread (can't find which one anymore) told that ED was easier to reach via the forum than via ticket system. And now that the ticket system seems to be gone (at least, I can't seem to find a link to it), it's the only way left for me. Regarding Telegram or Whatsapp, I don't want anything to do with it. I have an email account. It should be enough. If someone doesn't like my email provider, this person can always write to me with an account from another provider. I might be wrong, but I think you can't write to someone on Whatsapp if you did not subscribe to Whatsapp yourself.

@elw3 : yep, I'm a real newbie. The pandora's preorder website had already been online for 10 hours (if I recall) when I ordered mine. The problem is not the wait in itself. My Pandora's screen wouldn't turn on due to a completely ripped ribbon. I didn't think it would turn on again because those ribbon went out of stock. Then one day I saw that there was a low amount available. My only goal was to have my Pandora repaired because I find it sad for it to remain broken. I know this can take time and that ED's got a lot of things to do. I just would have liked to get a message from him confirming he's got my new adress and that he would send it back when he finds the time to fix it. When I still could access the ticket system, I tryed to send reminders. I don't think there was less than two months (TM) between them. Without any news from ED, I can't help to wonder : will I see my Pandora again one day ? Has it been completely fried during the repair process ? Was it sent back to me at my old adress and got lost in the mail ? There are even at least 3 little towns around where I live with the same zip code and with a street with the same name. Was it delivered at the wrong place ?

All I'm asking is for ED to write me an email saying : "Ok, I got your new adress which is ... I will do what I can when I find the time. I should be busy during ... (insert any duration other than 2 months), so don't expect anything to happen before. It's just an estimation and I can't promise it won't take more time. Don't worry, you'll get your unit back. I just can't tell you when. [Optional : I'm using a dummy email adress. It's no use trying to contact me using it]"

It shouldn't take too much time. I'm just asking for answers. Am I being unreasonnable ?

Thanks levi. I just saw the post you were talking about.
I guess answers will have to wait.

I hope ED will be able to get things sorted out quickly. I never wished bad things would happen to him. I know running a business is hard and finding employees you can really count on is never easy.

Hello everyone,

Once again, I'm digging this post up.
I understand that posting a forum message about this would be perceived as tactless.
Back then, it was the only way I could think about to contact Evil Dragon.

Since my last post here, I realised there was a private messaging system on this forum, so, I posted a first message to ask about.
This message let unanswered, I periodically sent new ones.
Here is the complete "conversation" (the quotes are there to express it's more of a monologue than a conversation):
Private message.png

The last message was sent after I received this email:
Email.png

I logged into my account and could see this:
Order details.png

You can also see my account's addresses section (of course, I masked my personnal data, but you can see I did everything I could to warn that my address had changed):
Account address.png

After all that, I still never received anything.

I must have done something wrong to deserve this, so, can you explain me what I can do ?

I was a first batcher. I've waited a long time to receive my Pandora.
At the time I had also moved in the meantime. When I sent a message with my new address, I received a confirmation that my Pandora would be sent to the good place.
Why wasn't it the same here?

All I wanted was to repair my broken LCD ribbon. When I saw there was a few left available, I jumped on the occasion.
I would have gladly just ordered a new ribbon and changed it myself, but there was no way I could do that and I was forced to send my Pandora to DragonBox. I spent around 50€ to send the package with a high enough insurance (and honestly, it wasn't for the money. I just wanted to see my Pandora again).
So, I spent more than 150€ just to see my Pandora disappear and I don't have the right to have any explanations.

Tell me guys, what would you think if you were in my place?

Tell me guys, what would you think if you were in my place?

I don't think anyone gave you advise to use the PM system to contact him :) I've tried this too in the past and he just doesn't read it. So it is not you, it is the 'treatment' everybody gets and for status updates PM is pretty much useless..
Dragonbox is his business and the forum his hobby (at least that is how I perceive it) so if he is busy I don't think he visits the forum at all. His last forum post is from Nov 7, 2023 and he only logged in last Feb 21, 2024.
On Dragonbox there is a button contact us and there are 4 methods - telegram, whatsapp, facebook messenger, discord.

Why not use one of those as suggested before? His telegram number shows that he was last seen 4 hours ago. That would be my pick.

Good luck!

I sent my Pandora for repairs years ago, and had the same experience, I tried contact him by different mails, PMs and forum posts without answers.

One day I ordered some stuff from the store, and after few days, when the package arrived, there was also my repaired Pandora in the box.

I suppose that when he checked the data for the order, found out that there was still something not finished with me.

Yeah I had mine in for 7 months as well for an LCD cable fix. He's a busy guy and it's kind of a one man show...

On Dragonbox there is a button contact us and there are 4 methods - telegram, whatsapp, facebook messenger, discord.

It's a shame one has to subscribe to a 3rd party service to contact him when there's a perfectly good forum here already. Personally I don't (and won't) use any of those services, so if I find my self in this same situation in the future I'll probably end up with the same result. :(

@Gilles , hope you can get it sorted one day. I think you've been very respectful and certainly deserve a response. Perhaps @Askarus could mention it to ED next time he is in the office?

It's a shame one has to subscribe to a 3rd party service to contact him when there's a perfectly good forum here already. Personally I don't (and won't) use any of those services, so if I find my self in this same situation in the future I'll probably end up with the same result. :(

@Gilles , hope you can get it sorted one day. I think you've been very respectful and certainly deserve a response. Perhaps @Askarus could mention it to ED next time he is in the office?

There is also the option to PM on the forums.
It's just that the shop is not the same any more as it was 5-10 years ago.
ED has even more mails to answer an stuff to manage.

It's a shame one has to subscribe to a 3rd party service to contact him when there's a perfectly good forum here already. Personally I don't (and won't) use any of those services, so if I find my self in this same situation in the future I'll probably end up with the same result.

I totally agree, but it is not our shop. ED can do whatever he wants and if I don't like it buy from someone else. After all these years, nobody is entitled to receive Pandora support anyway.

Recently I've been "forced" to buy an(other) Android phone because my bank (abn-amro) stopped supporting logging into my account via my e.dentifier. Logging into my account is now only possible via an app. Do I like that? Certainly not. The same issue with a broker I wanted to join (trade republic) for higher interest (4%), only possible to register via an android app. No web based solution.

Unfortunately it is how the world/free market works and the customers objecting to this is a very small minority. If you don't like it and stick to your guns, you make life harder for yourself and don't kid yourself - you will not change one iota.

Back