Pandora Sync For Hacked Iphones!

Kings said:
Mjlink said:
Hi folks,

Anyone game for this?

Copy all .jpg & .mp3 to ipandora player?

I hate iTunes and don't want to depend on it!

Please

Danks

Link
Don't feed the Trolls...

How exactly is that trolling?
It's a valid request. There are plenty of iPod managers out there, and I'm sure that some of them support the iPhone. It'd be a pretty useful app IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
hold on here.

I AM 100% talking about paid for music. I don't need iTunes telling me how many backups I can make. Digital media fails. If I have CDs or non copyrighted audio ie live recordings or bootlegs, I want this on my iPhone without having to Sync it. The new iphone OS is not very privacy friendly. Therefore IM not upgrading. I'll have Pandora for faster Internet & I can read a f(_)cking map so I don't need a GPS.

I own over 400 CDs, I don't own a MAC or PC, why should I need to if a Pandora will streamline it for me?

I'm not a music troll.

Peace

Link

Edit: I forgot to post on topic!
I know it is going to be absolutely COMICAL when my PSP weilding friends ask me about a song I'm playing, and I copy it over to them via USB host. Me > You ? (Most of my stuff is from OverClocked Remix, which is distributable ; )

Mjlink said:
I'm not a music troll.

I think we have a misunderstanding here-

Definition of a Troll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Pirate, which is what you're thinking: (Copyright Infringement)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Mjlink said:
hold on here.

I AM 100% talking about paid for music. I don't need iTunes telling me how many backups I can make. Digital media fails.
So um... why did you buy an iPhone?

I get really confused by people who hate the way a device works, but still go ahead and buy it!

If you don't like DRM, and don't like iTunes, then don't buy an iPod/iPhone/iTouch? Buy an alternative mp3 player, but audio cds, and copy the music to your device yourself.

Squidge said:
If you don't like DRM, and don't like iTunes, then don't buy an iPod/iPhone/iTouch? Buy an alternative mp3 player, but audio cds, and copy the music to your device yourself.
Erm, I have an iPod and an iPhone, both play my mp3s just fine. ;)

Oh and there are also third party apps so you don't have to use iTunes if you don't want to.

If the OP doesn't like DRM content, you can burn all DRM'd stuff to a CD and rip it off into MP3 format in iTunes. :) It's funny they'd include a way to bypass DRM in their own software.

cloud858rk said:
If the OP doesn't like DRM content, you can burn all DRM'd stuff to a CD and rip it off into MP3 format in iTunes. :) It's funny they'd include a way to bypass DRM in their own software.
Bleh... burning stuff to a CD and rerip it? Sounds like a major loss of sound quality to me. Not a audiophil by any means but my ears would bleed burning 192kbps files to cd... then reripping them as 192kbps KILLING the quality even further :blink:

If you gonna bypass copyright protection may as well do it right from the start & download as DRM-free the first time around (mp3, wav, FLAC) ;)

Actually, i think the next idea should be how we can make Pandora suck music from Artists' brains and zap it to yours. That way, we can skip any loss from the Artist, to the Microphone, to the Recording Company, to the CD, to your computer, to your mp3 encoder, to pandora's mp3 decoder, to it's DAC, to your ear, to your brain. Capiche?!

what i wonder is, if he doesn't own a PC, how the hell is he planning on transferring his 400 cds to the pandora.

I am confused as to what you want. Are you trying to connect an iphone to a Pandora? Or convert your CD collection to MP3?

If you want media on the Pandora, then connect a CD drive to the USB port and play your CD.

What does an iPhone hack have to do with it?

No pirating discussions on these boards by the way.

waffles said:
what i wonder is, if he doesn't own a PC, how the hell is he planning on transferring his 400 cds to the pandora.
USB CD/DVD/BD-ROM Drive?

AireTamStorm said:
waffles said:
USB CD/DVD/BD-ROM Drive?

Hey folks,

My thoughts are getting the CDs onto an external HDD via a PC & MAC or with an external DVD-R USB if support will exist. I then want to be able to transfer & play music copied from external HDD or SDHC to iPhone. Iphones don't play mp3s either, it has to be .mp4

Maybe Zod would understand this better? Or tell me to buy a computer. I only play retro games, any tough stuff like MS Office I do at work, I have access to a G5 & HD Video camera for real computerwork.

I have no reason to buy a PC or MAC especially once I have Pandora.

I like the iPhone, I don't like iTunes or Apple monitoring my data.

Hope this clears things up a bit, not trying to make any emotional response.

Peace

Link

Mjlink said:
AireTamStorm said:
waffles said:
USB CD/DVD/BD-ROM Drive?

Hey folks,

My thoughts are getting the CDs onto an external HDD via a PC & MAC or with an external DVD-R USB if support will exist. I then want to be able to transfer & play music copied from external HDD or SDHC to iPhone. Iphones don't play mp3s either, it has to be .mp4

Maybe Zod would understand this better? Or tell me to buy a computer. I only play retro games, any tough stuff like MS Office I do at work, I have access to a G5 & HD Video camera for real computerwork.

Hope this clears things up a bit, not trying to make any emotional response.

Peace

Link

Maybe I don't understand, but it sounds like you do not need a :pandora1: for anything other than file transfers. The iPhone has emulators for retro-gaming and your not going to use the Pandora for multimedia.

It would make more sense to go with a EeePc + iPhone combo or Pandora + regular phone. And please keep topic about the :pandora1: on the Pandora forum.

Mjlink said:

Why not just play the music from the Pandora?

Mjlink said:

Ok, I'd love the Pandora to be an independent device as much as anyone, and it is a very capable piece of hardware. That being said, there are things it is designed for, and things it isn't. Unless you are away from home most of the time, a cheap Linux computer will do these jobs better out of the box.

Mjlink said:

I don't use iTunes personally, but Apple products are designed to be reliant on it. The Pandora, is not. You will be able to play many more kinds of media on the Pandora itself, which brings me back to the question at hand:

Why not just play all of these files on the Pandora itself?

Back