Pandora Pandora Sync Suite

Is it worth to make Pandora Sync Suite for windows?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Remember EmuDownloader ? :) -> http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,2461

Do you want similar app for Pandora?

pandorasyncsuitetl4.jpg

If yes, what would you like to see in this app?

BTW.
Creating this kind app makes a little problem on server-side in repository-pages like www.gp2x.de. It will be needed to add a little php script to make a list.txt of all files in txt format from server, while uploading new file to server. Then Pandora sync suite could download this list.txt file and have always updated infos about new uploads. Otherwise pandora sync suite will be useless, like emudownloader which was needed to update file list.txt manually.

To EvilDragon, how about the idea of Pandora Sync Suite? is it good in Your opinion?

added: 10 september 2008
and the final design:

PandoraSyncSuite-AlphaBuild_02.gif.jpg

I voted the same as PlopperZ for the same reason
perhaps this poll needs to be restarted with the third option: I don't care either way, not planning on using it if someone does make it

StreaK said:
Remember EmuDownloader ? :)
Do you want similar app for Pandora?
If yes, what would you like to see in this app?
I'd rather see a front end to a package manager on the Pandora itself. Since the Pandora is basically a full fledged system, I think I'll be using it more like a desktop than, for example, my old Palm device. I'd really like something like Cydia on the iPhone (front end for apt), which allows you to add sources, and shows apps recently added or revised, as well as showing apps that need updates.

Tie that in with reporting number of downloads of the app and/or a rating system and it would be everything I want, but I realize that kind of counting requires a lot more tracking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamara said:
.. as well as showing apps that need updates.
That will need to create pandora app standards-* , coz apps will need a standarised hook to identify which app have which version [ for example in file ver.ini in base dir with app ]

*- Remember GP2X Stardards Page ? -http://gp2x.projectinfinity.org.uk/news.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd prefer the ability to download direct to Pandora.

There was another thread, which I cannot locate right now, that discussed an app that would do this and if I recall correctly had a sort of rating system.

I voted Yes, because I think this could go hand-in-hand with an on-Pandora complement. Since you will need a standard server-generated list, that same list could be used by Pandora's package manager.

As for not all apps adhering to a certain version standard, just have a separate section for quick/early-alpha apps, which would not get polled by the list. Or even simpler, the program that opens archives to check version.ini could ignore the apps that miss this file.

If I've been away from the internet for a couple of weeks (eg, holiday). I don't want to stare at my Pandora looking for updates and new apps. Much rather see whats updated/new on my PC with it's much bigger screen. The PC can then download them all, and install on the Pandora for me. (Saving battery power too)

It will be needed to add a little php script to make a list.txt of all files in txt format from server

No, the PHP script should make a list.xml file. .txt is so old and old-fashioned.

apps will need a standarised hook to identify which app have which version [ for example in file ver.ini in base dir with app ]

There will (hopefully) be a XML file on the Pandora which describes what is installed and version, so no hook or .ini file is needed.

I voted yes as I wanted to see something like this on the 2X and it would save on the batteries.
Not to mention that it would look more professional and be easier for new users to use too. Not everyone is used to the Linux way of working (yet) and this could help the Windows users feel a little more at ease.

XML would be a good idea as well :)

i voted no because i was under the impression that most people that would buy the pandora would understand at least the basics of linux
judging by the previous replies i guess i was wrong

I vote no, because I don't want "sync" Pandora with a computer. Now I use company notebook that I borrow to home and don't have my own PC (as I don't need it due to having notebook from company for personal use). Second, I have PocketPC from company and I don't like it much and ActiveSync really sux (but before PocketPC I have PalmOS and it's sync was good).

But after rethinking I guess that some multiplatform application, that can download user selected applications for Pandora and gather them to directory for quick copy to SD card, will be usefull.

I voted yes because, although I would never use it, there may be some people that would. Someone without access to wifi might like such a program.

BIG YES VOTE. popular opinion isn't always the best direction. This app could be very useful. Use it to sync your apps, pix, vids, games or whatever you (would normally install, but with a user friendly interface. BIG YES VOTE. It has the potential to be a must have app for novice Pandora users. the word of mouth folk.;)

edit..I just saw the screen shot. very nice. all those tabs, plus other. It would make it so much easier, even for myself, to have an app like this. JUST DO IT. THANX
edit..again..I just thought of this app, beefed up with wifi or bluetooth sync capabilities. heck, you could sync anything on your pc to Pandora from anywhere with wireless internet access. That would be some heavy coding(TuffHomework). But arguably, the wickedest app for Pandora.

How about psp's "IR Shell" type app for Pandora? very useful. plug in based.

edit..aaarg..Simple Dev Studio for PANDORA sounds very promising. I'll be looking forward to as well.

Is it worth to make Pandora Sync Suite for windows?

no because WINDOWS IS SHIT.

Back