Pandora V ?

Chris S

Still Fresh
Hello

Sorry, title should have read, Pandora Versus ?

What in peoples opinions would be the next best console (Handheld) next to the Pandora for
emulation & games ?

Nothing currently IMO!

Something like the PSV would scream for emulation(oled screen, horse power, touch screen, ect), but I'm sure Sony will have it locked down tighter than Fort Knox. :D So don't plan on that happening anytime soon.

Like Pleng states, the Dingoo is cool I guess. I'm just no longer into that form of emeulation(Wiz, Cannoo, Dingoo, ect). I think the Pandora is the best overall, and I currently don't see any plans from anyone that can top what this device offers.

Chris

The Samsung EPIC 4G.

Root, custom kernel, load CM7 and MIUI ROM.
Overclock Hummingbird cpu to 1.5GHz and the SGX540 gpu to 300Mhz, increase free RAM to 340MB.
Slap on a GameGripper and enjoy ~fullspeed emulation of atari/classics, sega, nes, snes, gbc, gba, psx, n64, dosbox-depending (and pending nds and dreamcast).
Cry about lack of shoulder buttons and dual nubs.
Also enjoy ~100,000 annoying android games/apps.
Or >1,000,000 badly implemented online flash(based) games.
Sideload Ubuntu (though vnc) for sh its and giggles.
Call your mum.
Swap batteries.
Add 3 tablespoons of awesome and repeat steps 2 to 11.
Upgrade device.

jumpman said:
Nothing currently IMO!

Something like the PSV would scream for emulation(oled screen, horse power, touch screen, ect), but I'm sure Sony will have it locked down tighter than Fort Knox. :D So don't plan on that happening anytime soon.

Like Pleng states, the Dingoo is cool I guess. I'm just no longer into that form of emeulation(Wiz, Cannoo, Dingoo, ect). I think the Pandora is the best overall, and I currently don't see any plans from anyone that can top what this device offers.

Chris
This.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kangal said:
Slap on a GameGripper and enjoy ~fullspeed emulation of atari/classics, sega, nes, snes, gbc, gba, psx, n64, dosbox-depending (and pending nds and dreamcast).

Where's this pending DS emulator coming from?

EDIT: The one by Tiger Lab right? Probably just another desmume port for now.. they talk big about planning to do a recompiler and GPU improvements, but when they talk about needing an FPU to get the most out of things I really wonder if they know what they're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I reackon Nintendo DS and Dreamcast will find themselves on a tablet first, later adapted to an android phone.
But for now they aren't really usable not because of speed requirements, there seems to be more than enough grunt in the T20's, but the porting is half-baked.
Perhaps in 2012 we'll see n64 and dosbox be fully polished (ie less bugs, more compatible, faster) and fullspeed and maybe decent nds and dreamcast on high-end devices...we can hope right?

Q: What in peoples opinions would be the next best console (Handheld) next to the Pandora for
emulation & games ?

In terms of availability, anything is better than Pandora. </cheap shot>

Actually, for games and emulation I still use my ole' GP2X f100 a lot and the Caanoo is looking better all the time.

Back