Pandora wiki open for business. You can help.

I think we should get that image upload issue fixed and let her loose on it ... would add a splash of colour :)

2iut8is.png

I think Craig should also be on that list. Keeping it professional, technically he is part of the team even if he isn't a contributing member any more.

You were on the old one as-well, Linux-SWAT it didnt make sense because everyone were also in other categories. I was thinking of solving this with

colour codes. This is better, because you know who the goto guy is for each thing.

What is your paypal link, i could only find donations@pandorasomething and put slackware in the field.

You do reselling and you have made an alternative OS, you should be on the list.

Over my dead rotating body am i putting craig on the team-list.

Wishlist: a good semantic wiki manual, i couldnt into the one they had on their site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over my dead rotating body am i putting craig on the team-list.
This is exactly what I meant. That's a very opinionated attitude and from a personal perspective I agree. The wiki, however, needs to be as trustworth as possible and that means professional and unbiased. However we might feel about him he is part of the team that got the project going. Mark him with an "indefinite hiatus" or something that indicates that he has absolutely nothing to do with the project now, but I would feel very uncomfortable telling people "this is everyone you should be thanking for the Pandora as it is today" without at least some mention of Craig's contribution, whatever they may be. It feels a lot like history revisionism and self-censorship, two things I abhor.

Um ... M. Fatih Kilic ... was not designing the case. that was DaveC ... and he's not even on that list. Split it to Core team vs Contributors or something. but this list leaves the impression that all of them have been part of the pandora creation, which in fact they are not.

sorry but i really need to ask, but what's happening to the wiki now? I really don't get it, putting up unapproved lists, moving, deleting and so on... are the current wiki maintainers even thinking? I have followed the "progress" here on the pandora forum and all i can see is dispute.

Ty, fixed that. Im contemplating colour codes for things.

The wiki is being updated, the team page is being updated, as you can read about. Old one was outdated, links to gp32x forums, broken links galore.

The old separation was also arbitrary, as pretty much everyone has their hand in much of everything it makes sense to put the goto-guys for each different thing up instead. In that same token as you may know, the doors are open, if you want to step up and help, please do so, im no more official than you are.  This one table does what 5 tables and one or two additional pages failed to do. Also its a nice way to get youtube links and other contact.

If you have a look at the edits you can see all the stuff that happens, for example the community links i did just recently. Constructive feedback welcome. For rationale, see the sticky.

The whole wiki doesnt separate between devs and users, and information most of the case is useful to both, and maintaining two different versions of the same thing is something that adds needless complexity and failed in terms of maintainability.

I split out the team. However, I noticed there's a DaveC and a David Carre, is this the same person? I'm assuming not, but somebody can fix that if I'm wrong

Edit: Also, shouldn't aTc be included in here, he's no listed as Official on these boards, but he is making ".next", so I'm not sure where to put him

We have Running Linux from an SD card which consists of

1. Formatting SD cards, this should be in → http://pandorawiki.org/Formatting_SD_cards
  2. Partitioning SD cards which is already attempted in http://pandorawiki.org/Formatting_SD_cards
  3. uBoot boot specific info, which isnt entirely specific to SD cards, so the title is misleading.

Luckily the Running linux from an SD card doesnt have many pageviews, but i dont care if we keep it. However, it would be nice to have a good name.

Booting, boot, uBoot? Keep in mind that most of the specific OS-es will use this as a precursor to installation.

sd compat list, formatting,  uboot,  swap,  nand,  are the ones we have then

I had a hack at Running Linux from an SD card yesterday, as I did just that yesterday so noticed a few inaccuracies and missing details on that page.

Everything on the page is relevant to booting any OS from SD, apart from 'accessing your NAND' which is only relevant if you boot some flavour of Linux/Unix from your SD. So I'd call it 'Booting from SD'.

Back