PandoraLive and Pyra -> Change of Name ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
WHile there's still time, do you think I should consider changing the name "Pandoralive" to something else when the time comes to switch to the Pyra ? 

OR : 

Would it be better to have a separate blog for the Pyra ? 

OR :

any other idea?

It's tricky - having a separate blog might be a good idea once the Pyra is out and available, and the PandoraLive blog can concentrate on those of us who've decided not to get a Pyra and stick with the Pandora, but hopefully (and signs show that) the number of those people will be low. More likely the Pandora blog will be used by people who intend to upgrade in the future when funds allow, so would also continue to be interested in the Pyra.

I think having one blog with categories you could filter on will be best. Now as for the name, I'd suggest that PandoraLive is a known brand that can be built on, so unless a much better name can be found and registered I'd stick with that even after the Pandora becomes mostly irrelevant.

Hmm maybe get a second domain, but point it to the same blog. Maybe to a different category, but it should stay together :) .

I think one blog for the 2 machine is fine. So domain name like pyralive (I din't find it that funy myself, I think it's as good as pandoralive) can be cool, but it should just redirect to the same blog.

but if I get the pyralive domain, and it points to pandoralive.info, wouldnt it be strange? Pyra users may think they made a mistake if they pandoralive when they reach the page.

Maybe have a different logo for people coming from pyralive, or looking at the pyra category on pandoraLive (so it's consistent and easily reproducible), such as a 'Pyralive (from PandoraLive)' logo.

What's the problem with 2 different blogs?

Get the Domain: "Openhandheldslive" or "Dragonboxlive".

Then you may do subsections to whatever device comes next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have them point to the same server but load up filtered blogs per device depending on which URL they followed also have links to each blog from the blog pages. Don't forward one to the other let them have their own URLs on the same infrastructure.

I think Pandora and Pyra should stay together.  Without the Pandora, there wouldn't be the Pyra.  If you make a different domain for the Pyra, the Pandoralive will be forgotten, and all the good stuff (stuff without "morons" and "stupids" :) ) on Pandoralive will also fade into yesteryears :)

Both devices share most of the software, so a combined block with a larger community (more comments etc), is the better solution I think. You could change the logo depending on the url to avoid confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call it PandyraLive or something. It's best to keep it together because I assume that at some point, most new software releases will be targeted at both devices, maybe with extra features for the Pyra version. For now, lots of Pandorians will be interested in Pyra news and it would be weird to not talk about that on the blog.

Back