PanMAME Betatesting

If it was optimised like FBA then yes wouldnt mind playing rayforce and PGM on the pandora pity these romsets constantly need changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm gagging for is a MAME with native support for the two analog joysticks. I WANT PORTABLE ROBOTRON

Just checked, my build supports both joysticks seperately, if you set them to joystickmode beforehand. :)

Edit:

Just checked, robotron works in dual joystick mode :)

I just asked, because there were quite some mameports floating around.

Would be nice if there was speed hacks for mame (i know mame has this purist) approach but being able too play radiant silvergun rayforce and PGM ketsui fullspeed would be scrummy, also theres never enough mame arcade emulation on handhelds(or the lack of it) is why my fingers are always crossed

there were quite some mameports floating around.

Sure, but afaik they are not too much optimized (with the exception of Mame4all) and require massive overclocking/overvolting for decent speed.

Please mcobit can you make a video with some Sega System 32 games? Would like to see some Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder and Outrunners action.

Well, i think I can't do a lot of speedtweaks here, sorry.

What is the speed of this version like (in general) compared to versions like MAME4ALL and FBA?(even though that's not MAME, but it's broadly similar!)?

As said, I will release it for ayou to try this evening. Check it out for yourself ;)

I can also bump the version to 0.106.1.

that was my first thought ... yet another mame? but really, just do what you're up to - it's your time :)

how's your frontend working? i was thinking of building an alternative menu system for the pandora for my special needs, so that i can launch different roms with different emulators - like street fighter with fba, r-type with mame4all and so on ... and then directly booting into it (replacing minimenu or so). i don't have tons of roms or tons of games and i usually just play a handful of roms :)

As said, I will release it for ayou to try this evening. Check it out for yourself ;)

I can also bump the version to 0.106.1.

Didn't realise it was incoming this fast! Thanks for all your hard work!! :)

that was my first thought ... yet another mame? but really, just do what you're up to - it's your time :)

how's your frontend working? i was thinking of building an alternative menu system for the pandora for my special needs, so that i can launch different roms with different emulators - like street fighter with fba, r-type with mame4all and so on ... and then directly booting into it (replacing minimenu or so). i don't have tons of roms or tons of games and i usually just play a handful of roms :)
kinda like the gameex frontend i have on my pc select a system select a rom bobs yer uncle and it would be nice to just automatically boot into it.

It is advancemenu and it is able to launch roms from different emulators. It is opensource and sdl. Maybe you want to fork it :)

http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-advmenu.html#5.2.5

what romset is it using?

It is mame 0.97, so it should be able to use any older romset. But roms from 0.106 seem to work, too.

Here is a first beta pnd:

http://repo.openpand...me-advmenu-7927

Some hints:

- put previews into appdata/panmame/snap ( png/mng you can get a set here: http://www.mamechann...s/crashtest.php )

- put roms into appdata/panmame/rom

- put additional backgroundmusic into appdata/panmame/mp3 (mp3/wav)

- to select scalers, open the ingamemenu with space and select mode from videooptions. You need 2x mode for scale2x (lq/hq) and of course 3x mode for scale3x (lq/hq)

- to rotate the orientation, press r while in menu and start your game. It will have the same orientation, as the menu had.

- to save gamespecific stuff like filters, resolution and keys, go to videooptions and select save for this game etc.

- if you are brave, you can edit the configfiles for the menu and mame in /appdata/panmame/.advance

- note, that startup takes a while because of scanning for roms

- for more details about options in the AdvanceMenu/AdvanceMAME, see here: http://advancemame.s...ge.net/doc.html

- the touchscreen should be usable for shootinggames

- set the nubs in to joystickmode before launching to make them both work.

Have fun!

Edit: I'll see, if I can get the version to 0.106 this evening. There is no higher versioned Advanced MAME, but I think higher versions don't make sense anyway.

Edit2: Before I forget it: You need HF7+ to run it, as i haven't included the notaz-sdllib. But i can do that with the new version.

Cool. :)

How many different MAME Versions do we have now for the Pandora? I would like to focus only on one Mame, which one is the best so far?

Cool. :)

How many different MAME Versions do we have now for the Pandora? I would like to focus only on one Mame, which one is the best so far?

there's mame (without any fancy frontend), mame4all (with mame4all frontend) and now panmane. and i'd also include fba here :)

that's the reason why i want to add some multi-emulator interface, because there are different emulators running different games ...

Mameversions I know of:

- Mame4All: best optimized for older romsets (0.47 iirc), nice custom launcher

- Mame 0.106: newer version but without any hwscaling only zenity launcher

- Mame Ex: Quite good, based on 0.110, but not available atm, custom minimal launcher

- PanMAME: only fullscreen, hwscalingsupport, based on 0.97, advancemenufrontend, scalersupport

Edit: ninjad

cowriot: seen my post about the frontend?

Back