PanMAME Betatesting

Mameversions I know of:

- Mame4All: best optimized for older romsets (0.47 iirc), nice custom launcher

- Mame 0.106: newer version but without any hwscaling only zenity launcher

- Mame Ex: Quite good, based on 0.110, but not available atm, custom minimal launcher

- PanMAME: only fullscreen, hwscalingsupport, based on 0.97, advancemenufrontend, scalersupport

Edit: ninjad

cowriot: seen my post about the frontend?
is there not an sdl build of 106 that is very unstable as wellas 106

I'll toss this in, nice and offtopic --

mcobit, yes, you can submit multiple entries AFAIK. Why not? Who would deny you! :)

Also, someone should do a quick port of "Call to Power 2" (aka, Civilization Call to Power 2). Source has been outr since 2000 or so, and game files are up on GoG ;)

Easy port ;)

jeff

When you rotate the screen the controls are not configed for that set for normal.Alot of games have major sound issues rtype2 neogeo games and some games cause the pandora to seize up ie starblade but this has a lot of promise(damn mame and there purist approach need speed hacks)

Yes, the sound is "stretching" instead of crackling/skipping like in mame 0.106.

The controls are not autorotated, but you can define a custom controlconfig for the rotated games.

Couldn't resist and gave it a test drive. Wow mcobit! You've done really nice work here, keep on keeping on with this, I can see me dumping MAME EX, MAME4ALL, & MAME with this build!

For the soundissues:

Set sync_resample to emulation in the advmame.rc file to restore the old behaviour of mame soundemulation, skipping instead of stretching.

Hello

Panmame dont launch with hotfix 6. i dont have install notaz sdl

mcobit you can help me?

thanks

Yes, as I mentioned in the releasepost, You need notaz sdl (hf7), as I haven't included it.

It will be included in the next version tomorrow. Also I have updated it to 0.106 and I am integrating a aspectoption right now.

Is there an issue with the aspect ratio of games I can´t get vertical games to run without them looking stretched.

Incredible work mcobit, this is already my favourite version of Mame on Pandora with some tweaks this would be indispensable..

Much appreciated!

Mcobit

i have an other question

it is possible integrate an upgrade version of mame ex 117 126 or other ?

For the soundissues:

Set sync_resample to emulation in the advmame.rc file to restore the old behaviour of mame soundemulation, skipping instead of stretching.
Where is this file ?
Is there an issue with the aspect ratio of games I can´t get vertical games to run without them looking stretched.

Please read the releasepost!

advmame.rc is in appdata/.advance/

At the moment it is always fullscreen. I will add an option for aspect correct scaling later.

Mcobit

i have an other question

it is possible integrate an upgrade version of mame ex 117 126 or other ?

Not sure what you mean. Mame ex is StreaKs port.

If you mean mame itself, I think games, that were added after 0.106 won't be playable anyway, so there is no real point. Also they messed up some sync options after 0.106, so that soundsync is not independant from vsync.

My question is not for have a panmame 143 on pandora its not possible or its a silly qiestion

i want understand programation and integration software

If i understand you have front end and mame source linux and driver for different system arcade ?

You integrated that in your development ?

Sorry for my english i m french we dont have a good teach method in english

lolo

Back