PanMAME Betatesting

Ok, updated on repo.

0.106.1.10:

- More informative while setting up the appdatafolders

- some tweaks in the configfiles. Please update those when updating the pnd, too.

- included Notaz latest SDL, what makes scaling to higher res possible, but might break doublebuffering when scaling higher than 2x. Should not crash though.

- seems to be a bit faster as the previous one.

- in last version I acidentally reverted the caching of the xmlfile. The menu should load faster again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also noticed, that a lot of games can be played with 2x or even 3x scaling and the lq or scale effect and a rgbeffect, what makes them really look like on an old tv and even better because they are scaled up and then down again, what makes the picture really sharp.

Stuff like metalslug looks almost like drawm at native screenres.

without reading the last 20 pages, I'm not getting sound in the 4 games I've tried so far. Do have sound in menu though. Where am I going wrong here?

without reading the last 20 pages, I'm not getting sound in the 4 games I've tried so far. Do have sound in menu though. Where am I going wrong here?

There should be sound. It would be good to know which games you tried to analyze the problem.

un squadron, mortal kombat 3, some xman beat em up....maybe it was 3?

all in .zip format for what its worth

mcobit,

Very nice! This version seems faster. I like the new 'first run' prompts.

DaMummy,

I tried UN Squadron and Mortal Kombat 3 (slide show) and they both have sound.

I know not much help, but at least the problem is not universal.

I'm very impressed with working with tv out and looks clear and vibrant on tv,does it need overlay option to make it work.

So you tried a controller and works perfect,i will try that my self with one controller and 2 controllers for multilayer gaming especially for shooters and fighting games.

Ok i have few questions:

How do i turn games full screen?

Where do the movie.rc files go into?

Do the .rc and png files need to extracted which i downloaded from mediafire?

The compatibility for games does it play more than mame ex?

To play neo geo games does bios need to go in rom folder?

I'm very impressed with working with tv out and looks clear and vibrant on tv,does it need overlay option to make it work.
So you tried a controller and works perfect,i will try that my self with one controller and 2 controllers for multilayer gaming especially for shooters and fighting games.

Yes, you will need the overlay option, as stated before.

Ok i have few questions:

As stated before, you set Aspect option to no, save for this game and restart the game. The game will now always start in fullscreenmode.

1.) What are movie.rc files?

2.) What did you download from mediafire?

3.) if you mean snaps and previewmovies, read the repodescription! They go into the snap folder in appdata.

No! It should play slightly less roms, as it is based on a slighty older version of MAME.

Yes, that is true for ALL mameversions. Why do you even ask this and not simply try? Are you afraid you could break something by putting the bios at a wrong place?

Ok i have few questions:

As stated before, you set Aspect option to no, save for this game and restart the game. The game will now always start in fullscreenmode.

3.) if you mean snaps and previewmovies, read the repodescription! They go into the snap folder in appdata.

No! It should play slightly less roms, as it is based on a slighty older version of MAME.

Yes, that is true for ALL mameversions. Why do you even ask this and not simply try? Are you afraid you could break something by putting the bios at a wrong place?
not always true mameex required a merged set ie rom and bios zipped in same folder also earlier neogeo games seam to require this with this version ie nam1975 magician lord.

Ok, I didn't encounter those problems, but I didn't test those. If anybody has a list with the games that need it, please share it with us.

I can't get magical drop 3 to work for example, but 2 runs good. Could this be the same problem? I'll try.

Ok, I didn't encounter those problems, but I didn't test those. If anybody has a list with the games that need it, please share it with us.

I can't get magical drop 3 to work for example, but 2 runs good. Could this be the same problem? I'll try.
This seams to be romcenter and clrmamepro raising there head again i find renamed roms seam to get corupted if converted to many times magical drop 3 works flawlessly.

Ok i have few questions:

not always true mameex required a merged set ie rom and bios zipped in same folder also earlier neogeo games seam to require this with this version ie nam1975 magician lord.
Not true about all mam versions because in mame ex you don't require bios in rom folder,if you do place it in there no roms will be shown.

About the png images does that go into image folder.

edit: mame ex plays lot of newer games,if more work goes into it can be best mame emulator on pandora.

About the png images does that go into image folder.

For the second time:

What are those png files???

Snapshots for the menu? Overlays? Artwork?

If they are snapshots, read my f****** response the stuff you quoted again.

Not true about all mam versions because in mame ex you don't require bios in rom folder,if you do place it in there no roms will be shown.

yes, I didn't know that mameex handled it like that. See crazmiesters response for more info.

Seriously, can someone compare PanMAME with mameex?

Are there more playable games?

What are the speeddifferences in e.g. NeoGeo games?

Seriously, can someone compare PanMAME with mameex?

Are there more playable games?

What are the speeddifferences in e.g. NeoGeo games?
The png file are on about was background file.

More games on mame ex are these ones and i was really surprised what it can play:

Street fighter ex plus 1,2

street fighter ex plus alpha 1,2

chase hq

killer instinct

sega sonic the hedgehog (it's in 3d in vertical view)

sonic the hedgehog-megaplay

sonic the hedgehog 2-megaplay

there are many others, i will let you know.

Back