PanMAME Betatesting

Great emulator, keep up the good work. :)

The current default button layout is:

Button 1 : A

Button 2 : X

Button 3 : Y

Button 4 : B

Button 5 : Letter o

Button 6 : Letter p

Pause : Letter p

This is not ideal for 6 button games like SF. Button 6 and pause are both on letter p. Button 3 is usually on B.

Can you please change it to this layout:

Button 3 : B

Button 4 : Y

Button 5 : Letter o

Button 6 : Letter p

Pause : Letter i (for example)

Thanks

Yes, good idea.

I thought that the shoulderbuttons are mapped as Button5/6 by default... Maybe I messed that up at some update. Wouldn't the shoulderbuttons be better for the Buttons 5 and 6 anyway?

seeing as any other handheld street fighter uses L/R as high punch/kick, its obvious that this should be default......even though i already mentioned this to mcobit, but he didnt believe me, or just ignored me :{

but i did forget to mention that theres low/normal/high punch on face buttons, and only one kick, and put other so kicks on o/p. should be so theres low and normal punched/kicks on face buttons, and L/R being the High ones

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, I do belive everyone until I can prove them wrong ;) .

I think for default configurations, it should be buttons in the order mame gives them the numbers, not punch, kick etc.

I will just map button 5/6 to the shoulders in next release, ok?

You can already do that or map your custom config for fightinggames yourself right now, so calm down.

Debates are quite unnessesary here :)

Do you plan to remap numkeys 1-0 like standard mame ?

What do you mean by that? 1 for start and 5 for coin?

I mapped coin to select and start to start on purpose. As said, you can remap everything yourself. Doesn't take much time.

Marvel Super Heroes does not work (return to menu) and EURO 951024 starts with black screen but advmame menu works.

Someone got it to work? I really love this game.

Wonderfull Work Mcobit this mame version is the best for pandora and my favourite emulator :wub:

I will just map button 5/6 to the shoulders in next release, ok?
This makes sense, o/p can still be mapped if necessary. But please, change button 4 to Y. This is very common. Even though different layouts for buttons 1/2/3 are around (A/X/B, B/X/A or X/B/A), button 4 is always on Y.

The layout would be then:

Button 3 : B

Button 4 : Y

Button 5 : L trigger

Button 6 : R trigger

Pause : Letter p (no change)

You guys need to get off your backsides and reconfig as per game its easy to do just press space and you can change any settings to your hearts content no wonder devs get pissed off with meaningless requests.

....dont take this the wrong way, but i would've never guessed english was your first language, even though the only birmingham's i know of are in UK and in Alabama, USA...hmm, go figure
Yes you right english is not my first language.

Doesn't matter where you are born it's your ethnic is most important and what you are originally doesn't matter if you born usa or uk.

Yes, I just wanted to be polite, as I wouldn't have guessed that, too. The english you write here is a bit confusing and it is hard (I would believe even for a native english speaker) to follow you.

No offense here. But you are sometimes asking questions over and over again, even if they are answered in the previous post.

Hope the previews will work for you now.

Edit: Aren't those newer games emulated sufficently in FinalBurnAlpha?
Not all games on work on fba but good thing is that cps3 is emulated so well and after burner is not very good on mame or fba just runs too slow.

Newer games most of them run slow,fba does run many games full speed inc. cps 1,2,neo geo still cps3 is very good even it isn't full speed,i doubt it will ever be full speed,it's good thing still it runs pandora,if you look at the pc version that runs on a 1500-2000mhz processor and pandora isn't no way near as that.
What emu u playing m8 all sega x,y board games run fullspeed with overclocking on fba.ie outrun superhangon afterburner power drift.
I've pm you just check it out.

Actually you are right fba runs nearly all games in full speed,the reason the games were running slow because it was clocked at 600mhz now i have clocked it to 800 runs much faster and smoother.

I feel mame ex can run more games than panmame,it only plays just few of them most of them don't come in the list maybe i'm using wrong romset.

I always though fba will run only cps2 games !

Super hang-on is TOO speed haha !

Cmon people press space during game and you can configure everything to your hearts content stop pestering the devs with pointless suggestions

its a status quo kind of thing. just seems like it should be default, unless you have any argument why it would be otherwise? nobody's pestering here, just making minor suggestions to control layouts

Do you plan to remap numkeys 1-0 like standard mame ?

What do you mean by that? 1 for start and 5 for coin?

I mapped coin to select and start to start on purpose. As said, you can remap everything yourself. Doesn't take much time.
Yeye i've no problem with select and start ^^.

What i had in mind that's there's no "unified" OP gaming layout, so keeping the mame standard was a "safe choice".

But again, no pb with the select and start.

Has anyone got DynaBlaster to work ?
Dynablaster (dynablst), Atomic Punk (atompunk) and Bomberman (bombrman) work fine, only the bootleg version (dynablsb) does not start. PanMAME needs a MAME 0.106 set. It has great compatibility from what I've tested so far.

Here the correct files for Dynablaster...

dynablst.jpg

Some games aren't running so well Look below:

Ab cop runs slow

Art of fighting 1,2,3 none of them show in gamelist

Alien 3 the gun when selected the game it goes back to the gamelist.

Back