PanMAME Betatesting

This is a screen grab from MAME .143

As you can see there is the option for using a mouse for the wheel, and the 2nd image lets you set the sensitivity.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I don't know if these options are in AdvanceMAME.

As said, a mouse won't work here, as notaz sdl doesn't support it, but for the joystickoptions, try to find a menu like this in our AdvanceMAME.

I think you would need to configure the nubs as analog instead of digital joysticks in the configfile.

If you figure it out, let us know. I have no time right now :)

Both these menu's are in AdvanceMAME, I just can't take screen-grabs.

The 1st menu is under Input (this game) but will only show analogue controls if the game supports them.

The 2nd menu is called Analog Controls.

Can I also ask would it be possible to change the colour of the strip in menus that shows which item you are currently highlighting as I find the pale blue very had to see.

Many thanks again for this emulator.

WEC Le Mans works :eek:

Just been playing Chase HQ and I feel the game is running slower, I've checked and my Panodra is clocked to the same speed as always.

The main thing I've noticed is that the trees and road seem to be going backwards when at top speed, this is something I noticed on FBA but when I 1st tried AdvanceMAME this effect disappeared.

Since the latest update though the effect is now showing on AdvanceMAME.

Just been playing Chase HQ and I feel the game is running slower, I've checked and my Panodra is clocked to the same speed as always.

The main thing I've noticed is that the trees and road seem to be going backwards when at top speed, this is something I noticed on FBA but when I 1st tried AdvanceMAME this effect disappeared.

Since the latest update though the effect is now showing on AdvanceMAME.

I have also noticed this, hope there is something that can be done about it.

why do games like smash tv not allow nub for firing cant config it same with forgotten worlds robotron works.

All dual stick games work with the nubs for me:

Put this in your /appdata/panmame/.advance/advmame.rc file:

Code:
input_map[p1_doubleright_up] joystick_digital[1,0,1,1]

input_map[p1_doubleright_down] joystick_digital[1,0,1,0]

input_map[p1_doubleright_left] joystick_digital[1,0,0,1]

input_map[p1_doubleright_right] joystick_digital[1,0,0,0]

Switch both nubs to joystick mode in Settings>Pandora Nub Configuratior

Crazy Climber, Smash TV, Robotron, etc. can use both nubs correctly.
Cheers m8 need to tell people to delete any inputs you have already put in or this doesnt work deleted file and reinstalled and all dual stick games work a treat .

Try QB-3, it is a good dual stick game that I just discovered while testing this port of MAME.

Hmmm, I don't know if these options are in AdvanceMAME.

As said, a mouse won't work here, as notaz sdl doesn't support it, but for the joystickoptions, try to find a menu like this in our AdvanceMAME.

I think you would need to configure the nubs as analog instead of digital joysticks in the configfile.

If you figure it out, let us know. I have no time right now :)
The option is in every game with anolog support afterburner outrun power drift chase hq basically any game with trackball stearing or paddle controls

Ok, solution found :)

But I have no clue about chasehq. Might need to try. I didn't change anything in .4 regarding the graphics.

One thing I could think of is, that it seems to run backwards, if frames are skipped at a certain rate.

Maybe try to deactivate frameskip.

Ok, solution found :)

But I have no clue about chasehq. Might need to try. I didn't change anything in .4 regarding the graphics.

One thing I could think of is, that it seems to run backwards, if frames are skipped at a certain rate.

Maybe try to deactivate frameskip.

I'll try that at lunch.

In case it doesn't solve it is there anywhere I can download the older versions of the PND?

Of course you can download older versions onthe repo website by clicking on the archived button next to the downloadbutton.

New version on repo.

0.106.1.5:

- This has a splashscreen again.

- Enter button for menunavigation restored

- some minor tweaks (nothing performancerelevant)

Edit: As this seems to be quite solid now, I'll do some more stuff for the next release.

todo:

- Make screenshots

- Write documentation

- integrate 3:4 aspectoption

- Try to integrate dk2

- What you tell me

Excellent ...

I'm having a issue with one game capcom bowling - its looking diagonal

Excellent ...

I'm having a issue with one game capcom bowling - its looking diagonal

Looks like notaz sdl has a hard time with this one ;)

Two options:

1.) rotate before launching and it will work

2.) set Magnify to 2 in videooptions and it will work, too

:)

Good to hear :)

Yes this is great ,I have imported all my favorites from the Official MAME , all games work great.

I have now switched exclusivly to PanMame :) Thanks to you dedication and hard work :) .....Bud

I think the speed issues I have had with Chase HQ are related to scaling.

I just tried the latest version with all settings reset and it runs fine again.

I usually have everything scaled to fit the screen but maintain aspect ratio. I´d rather see crisp edges than have a soft focus image. Should I not be picking integer for scaling?

One thing I have seen is in games that shouldn't fill the screen when doubled e.g. 224 lines they fill the screen whereas on mame4all there is a small border.

Back